Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750224 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #18375 on: 28 September, 2022, 04:42:50 pm »
Possibly me...

As I said...

It looks like we have T'sD and GS heading to the Leather Bottle, (but not the one in Blackmore) and that is it ?

O:-)
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #18376 on: 28 September, 2022, 04:53:19 pm »
Sorry, Ted, missed that!

« Reply #18377 on: 28 September, 2022, 05:01:23 pm »
It was aimed at Joergen who is clearly suffering from CBA but doesn't want to admit it.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18378 on: 28 September, 2022, 05:02:37 pm »
It was aimed at Joergen who is clearly suffering from CBA but doesn't want to admit it.

Unfortunatly very true  :facepalm:  I was almost tempted with just going for a walk to The Endevour with Capt Slow.... 
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #18379 on: 28 September, 2022, 05:11:17 pm »
Ah!

Original plan was for The Leather Bottle, Blackmore, I think. Since i still have bits numb, I will forgo this week and see you soon, I hope!

Have a smashing time  :thumbsup:

Nick - it was Leather Bottle at Pleshey, not Blackmore. But that probably doesn't help numbness!

I will be there at 830-9 still - sounds like me and Grey Sheep at the moment?!

I think I originally suggested Blackmore last week and you replied that The Leather Bottle would suit you this week, so I assumed you meant the Blackmore one - Unless I've totally misunderstood (maybe!)

Anyway, none of that matters and I hope you have a good time :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18380 on: 28 September, 2022, 05:52:33 pm »
OK - I'm making a decsion... CBA riding the bike in the dark tonight so going for a walk to the Dev and back via Woolpack (rumour is they have Ruby Red on tap)... so still some exercise  ;D

Enjoy The 'bottle
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #18381 on: 28 September, 2022, 06:48:35 pm »
I’m there is spirit, ‘enjoying’ my first bottle of Eriksberg at Stockholm airport. The tagline on the bottle says ‘en god historia’, which apparently translates as ‘a good story’! I guess it’s better than anything that can be bought from a Swedish supermarket, where they limit the strength to 3.5%.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18382 on: 28 September, 2022, 07:15:00 pm »
I’m there is spirit, ‘enjoying’ my first bottle of Eriksberg at Stockholm airport. The tagline on the bottle says ‘en god historia’, which apparently translates as ‘a good story’! I guess it’s better than anything that can be bought from a Swedish supermarket, where they limit the strength to 3.5%.
Bargain beer I bet too!  Are you flying direct? I had to transit via Copenhagen and had to sit there and work my way through the Carlsberg range in the waiting area lol
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #18383 on: 28 September, 2022, 07:22:43 pm »
Bargain beer I bet too!  Are you flying direct? I had to transit via Copenhagen and had to sit there and work my way through the Carlsberg range in the waiting area lol
Direct flight into Stansted, so no options for any variety on the beer front!

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #18384 on: 03 October, 2022, 12:31:48 pm »
Thanks everyone for confirming numbers – we are set for this Friday!

For those that wish to stay on something that isn’t grass then there is plenty of floor space in the games room – just bring a blow-up doll bed and sleeping bag. It will probably be akin to sleeping at the ‘uts

Plenty of beer and pie will be available as well tea/coffee in the morning

Oscar's dad
jiberjaber
tippers_kiwi
Oaky
Jem
Christophe
chief
Huggy (renown for turning up at the last minute so putting him in anyway  ;D)
Tedshred
Carlosfandango
Wowbagger (maybe)

chief

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #18385 on: 03 October, 2022, 12:41:49 pm »
Shall we organise a peloton from Witham to chiefs?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18386 on: 03 October, 2022, 12:48:30 pm »
Thanks everyone for confirming numbers – we are set for this Friday!

For those that wish to stay on something that isn’t grass then there is plenty of floor space in the games room – just bring a blow-up doll bed and sleeping bag. It will probably be akin to sleeping at the ‘uts

Plenty of beer and pie will be available as well tea/coffee in the morning

Oscar's dad
jiberjaber
tippers_kiwi
Oaky
Jem
Christophe
chief
Huggy (renown for turning up at the last minute so putting him in anyway  ;D)
Tedshred
Carlosfandango
Wowbagger (maybe)

chief

Dare I ask what type of pie?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18387 on: 03 October, 2022, 12:50:13 pm »
100% mushroom  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18388 on: 03 October, 2022, 01:12:38 pm »
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #18389 on: 03 October, 2022, 02:32:03 pm »

Yes, I have questions:

- time ?

- departing from the 'Spoons of Adventures ?

- refreshment stop on the way ?

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #18390 on: 03 October, 2022, 03:47:16 pm »

I was going to cycle it, but other considerations (I need to pick Acorn#2 up from Colchester at 7pm Friday night and deliver back to Colchester at 0830 Saturday) mean that I'll be driving.

In fact, Acorn#2 may end up being in attendance for the evening to make my logistics easier!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #18391 on: 04 October, 2022, 10:39:06 am »

I'll be driving.

So you would be able to carry essential supplies for the after-party ?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #18392 on: 04 October, 2022, 10:46:08 am »
Despite my track history for turning up without forward planning, the advance plan on this occasion is to not be in attendance Wednesday or Friday this week. I'm still testing +ve for C-19 so extracting myself for any plans that involve having fun this week too  :'(
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18393 on: 04 October, 2022, 07:07:48 pm »
Despite my track history for turning up without forward planning, the advance plan on this occasion is to not be in attendance Wednesday or Friday this week. I'm still testing +ve for C-19 so extracting myself for any plans that involve having fun this week too  :'(

Sorry to hear that, Cpt Slow tested +ve whilst I was away but I've had nothing since I got back apart from cycling apathy (supose that could be a symtom?) 

Where was the plan for this Wed? I'm 50/50 - I quite enjoyed the change of walking a fair while to a pub last week.... still not sure if I've come to terms with setting off to the pub in the dark yet!

Also, need a plan for Friday, I was thinking about an off-road adventure to get there but I suddenly realised it would be dark (see above) so sounds like a road based route may be called for... Did we depart from 'spoons last time or was it all meet at the pub in Great Tey ? I can't quite remember...  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #18394 on: 04 October, 2022, 07:54:09 pm »

Where was the plan for this Wed? I'm 50/50 - I quite enjoyed the change of walking a fair while to a pub last week.... still not sure if I've come to terms with setting off to the pub in the dark yet!

Railway Tavern, Kelvedon was the original choice but, as there is little prospect of train assist, anywhere East or Central is good for me.

Also, need a plan for Friday, I was thinking about an off-road adventure to get there but I suddenly realised it would be dark (see above) so sounds like a road based route may be called for... Did we depart from 'spoons last time or was it all meet at the pub in Great Tey ? I can't quite remember...  :facepalm:

Where exactly are you travelling from Joergen ?  It's a 6pm start so unlikely to be that dark.  I am up for a late afternoon off road adventure with refreshment stop(s) - set off from the 'Spoons of Destiny or wherever.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18395 on: 05 October, 2022, 09:02:16 am »
Very sorry but I can't make camping at chief's on Friday night.  Just found out I have to spend the day on the southcoast and I shall be late back. 

I'm afraid my MEMWNS activities will be curtailed as I get to grips with the new job  :'(

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #18396 on: 05 October, 2022, 10:32:07 am »
Very sorry but I can't make camping at chief's on Friday night.  Just found out I have to spend the day on the southcoast and I shall be late back. 

I'm afraid my MEMWNS activities will be curtailed as I get to grips with the new job  :'(

You seem to have your priorities a bit askew. Are you sure you're planning your career appropriately?

« Reply #18397 on: 05 October, 2022, 10:42:45 am »
I’m out again with some damn bug that isn’t C-19 and I still can’t feel one of my big toes!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18398 on: 05 October, 2022, 10:50:42 am »

You seem to have your priorities a bit askew. Are you sure you're planning your career appropriately?

Your point is well made.

« Reply #18399 on: 05 October, 2022, 11:10:08 am »
Dare I ask about this evening ?

Anyone ?