Author Topic: Coffee once more  (Read 1483 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Coffee once more
« on: 15 September, 2008, 10:40:04 am »
We have a new coffee machine in the kitchen here.

Life is good  :thumbsup:

Edit: Coffee nearly ready.  Lovely smells wafting into my office.  Oh how lovely!  ;D
Getting there...

Re: Coffee once more
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2008, 12:32:23 pm »
Here they practise a form of torture.

We have a filter machine that always smells gorgeous, but it is only to be used for meetings with external people. Staff not involved in meetings can only get themselves tea or instant coffee. So I always have tea, because I only have about six 'external people' meetings a year. But still have to smell the smell...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2008, 12:38:51 pm »
At Salford PCT, they had a great coffee machine in the Boardroom.  You could tell whether the Chief Exec or Directors would be attending the meeting, because the machine would be switched on.  If they CBA turning up, nante cafe! :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #3 on: 15 September, 2008, 09:25:54 pm »
Get your revenge.
Get a cafatierre and bring your own coffee.
Make sure your coffee is better than theirs and make them jealous. ;D

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2008, 05:05:51 am »
Completely different here. Vicky, the tea and coffee man, comes round twice a day distributing sweet milky coffee, chai, lemon tea, badam milk (almond-flavoured milk) in little cups. Somehow he remembers exactly who likes what and in what quantities, despite having about 200 people to serve here and others elsewhere on his route. In between his visits, he leaves a number of flasks of the requisite drinks in the pantry. His visits are quickly followed - or sometimes preceded - by the biscuit lady.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2008, 05:53:36 am »
I've got the cafatierre at work and various types of coffee.
My boss just came back from Turkey and bought me some Turkish coffee as a present.
It is rubbish in the cafatierre but absolutely fantastic on the hob espresso machine.  I'm just about to enjoy two espresso cups now.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2008, 09:19:33 am »
We have bags of fairly mediocre coffee to get through, I'm afraid, but I'll get something better in good time.

Meanwhile, I have a new morning routine:  Get in the door, sweating like a pig in lycra*; bike upstairs; grab clothes, towel & toiletries; put coffee on; shower; dress; switch on computer; hang up cycle clothes; pour coffee; sit down at desk & log in. :)

* Er, yeh, sorry about that image.  Hope it hasn't spoiled your day ;D
Getting there...