Author Topic: Today I am Listening To...  (Read 778456 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Today I am Listening To...
« Reply #3525 on: 21 January, 2013, 07:18:50 pm »
The Chiffons
The Ronettes
The Toys
The Crystals

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Today I am Listening To...
« Reply #3526 on: 22 January, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »
The The?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
« Reply #3527 on: 22 January, 2013, 03:34:15 pm »
Vinyl revival.  Currently employing Audacity to convert the following to digital...

Natural History - The March Violets
Gun Shy - The Screaming Blue Messiahs
Viva - Xmal Deutschland
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3528 on: 26 January, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »
Tina Turnon Turner

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #3529 on: 27 January, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »
British Sea Power again. This time 'Do You Like Rock Music?' I am really enjoying this stuff at the moment but have given myself some serious earworms!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3530 on: 27 January, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »
Whitney Houston : The Ultimate Collection

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #3531 on: 29 January, 2013, 09:05:37 am »
Fear Factory: The Industrialist

P.s. Damn, this is a good album.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #3532 on: 29 January, 2013, 03:12:57 pm »
A Drive by Truckers playlist. Particularly enjoying "When the pin hits the cap" and "Your Daddy hates me".
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

LindaG

« Reply #3533 on: 29 January, 2013, 03:14:40 pm »
James Yorkston and the Athletes, Moving Up Country.

Sluvly it is.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3534 on: 29 January, 2013, 03:16:43 pm »

I am on a mix of Manufacture and ReManufacture.

Ooo "New Breed" has just started, sometimes I wished I didn't work in an office...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3535 on: 29 January, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
Robin Guthrie, mainly 'cos I'm going to see him play in York on Feb. 15th.

Guitar ambient? Yes please ...

tiermat

« Reply #3536 on: 29 January, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »
Now hunting out music from the first batch of bands announced for our annual musical pilgrimage.

So far I am enjoying:
PSB
Darwin Deez
The Milk

The Unthanks I also rate, but in a different manner to the above. Not 100% sure how their sound will go down at a festival!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3537 on: 29 January, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »
James Yorkston and the Athletes, Moving Up Country.

Sluvly it is.

One of my favourite albums.

tiermat

« Reply #3538 on: 30 January, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »
Public Service Broadcasting - The War Room

Gloriously mad, as only British music can be.  Pathe newsreel voiceovers mashed with guitars.  "Spitfire" is brilliant.  For the full effect you need to see the accompanying video, which is what I was doing this morning whilst trying to get my head around a server build!  Their channel, on YouTube is PSBUK, worth checking out.

I have also lined up some Willy Mason, The Unthanks and Darwin Deez...

Jacomus

« Reply #3539 on: 30 January, 2013, 04:29:02 pm »
This morning was going back to an old favorite,

Dark Tranquillity: Fiction

Followed by, Dark Tranquillity: We Are The Void

Currently on,

Adept: Death Dealers which contains the superb song 'No Guts, No Glory'

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Jacomus

« Reply #3540 on: 30 January, 2013, 04:31:18 pm »

I am on a mix of Manufacture and ReManufacture.

Ooo "New Breed" has just started, sometimes I wished I didn't work in an office...

Ah, both great albums. :thumbsup:

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #3541 on: 30 January, 2013, 06:18:34 pm »

Gloriously mad, as only British music can be.  Pathe newsreel voiceovers mashed with guitars.  "Spitfire" is brilliant.  For the full effect you need to see the accompanying video, which is what I was doing this morning whilst trying to get my head around a server build!  Their channel, on YouTube is PSBUK, worth checking out.

New album due in May too and numerous live dates to support the new single & album (Inform – Educate – Entertain ):

http://publicservicebroadcasting.net/

:thumbsup:
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

tiermat

« Reply #3542 on: 30 January, 2013, 06:28:19 pm »

New album due in May too and numerous live dates to support the new single & album (Inform – Educate – Entertain ):

And, ahem, playing at Deershed in July (www.deershedfestival.com), which is gradually turning into a YACF camping/beer/music meet up :)

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #3543 on: 30 January, 2013, 06:56:52 pm »

And, ahem, playing at Deershed in July (www.deershedfestival.com), which is gradually turning into a YACF camping/beer/music meet up :)

Ooh - sister & b-i-l may be interested in that - clashes with last 3 stages of the TdF though...
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3544 on: 30 January, 2013, 07:45:45 pm »

Yay!
Buggrit, we're in Rome when they play Furrybootoon  :'( We really enjoyed the last gig.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

tiermat

« Reply #3545 on: 30 January, 2013, 07:57:56 pm »

There are a couple of pubs in a short walk of the site for watching such things ;)

Ooh - sister & b-i-l may be interested in that - clashes with last 3 stages of the TdF though...

Jacomus

« Reply #3546 on: 31 January, 2013, 02:40:48 pm »
Today I have been processing payments to the genteel strains of Insense: The Silent Epidemic

Our clients have been fucking PAID! ;D

How do you tend to listen to music? I have always done a whole album, then maybe another of the same band. I don't like to mix songs up.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3547 on: 31 January, 2013, 06:32:43 pm »
Mostly, I listen to mixed up music on the radio.  Secondly, I listen to albums (unless I only got the single or EP), skipping tracks I don't feel like.

I'm still frequently playing the latest albums by Melody's Echo Chamber and Tame Impala.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Jacomus

« Reply #3548 on: 31 January, 2013, 06:54:09 pm »
Interesting, I am always amazed (and a little envious of) by people's capacity to listen to all sorts of music, jumbled up. Also, their ability to not have an unpleasant, visceral reaction to music they don't like. Very similar to the intense, skin-crawling, aggravation of hearing someone chewing and swallowing.

« Reply #3549 on: 01 February, 2013, 11:10:53 am »
If the music was written to be listened to as a whole, then that's how I prefer to listen to it (e.g. most concept albums) as otherwise it's a bit like putting on a film DVD and only watching the best scenes - they may be good, but without the build up and context setting then they are missing something.

Otherwise it's pretty much random play, with a bias towards favourites and a finger on the skip button.

Today I've been listening to some Tangerine Dream - Underwater Sunlight and Miracle Mile. Interesting soundscapes for background noise whilst tapping away at the computer.