Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Health & Fitness / Re: Zoe
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 10:09:51 pm »
Really interesting. I did Zoe and bought my own glucose monitors off Amazon. People seem to vary massively. I did not see any major spikes but my natural diet is lowish carb, partly because wife is gluten intolerant and partly because I feel meh on high carb diets. So we eat cauliflower mash and celeriac rather than potatoes. Bread is an occasional treat when eating without my wife as she cannot share.

The very low carb diet is perhaps going out of favour for endurance athletes but endurance in most parlance is a 4 hour event not the 14 day TCR type event.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by nicknack on Today at 10:07:58 pm »
Because I  play the saxophone many folk automatically assume I play jazz.

I don't.

At least, I try not to. I get asked to though and, because I'm nice, I usually comply and play something that many would recognise as being jazzy.

It's terribly boring though. American standards from 30s and 40s. Always: head, sax solo, keys solo, bass solo, drum solo, head. Riddled with clichés.

I prefer free improvisation which doesn't necessarily mean random noise. It can be any style you like.

Anyway, sorry, I don't listen to R4X.
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Swimming
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 10:02:47 pm »
The newer Garmin watches have a pool swim option which is really good at counting lengths.
Freewheeling / Re: Elephant in the room
« Last post by toontra on Today at 09:52:18 pm »
I think the trick with FNRTTC, if you’re one of the faster ones; is either dress for and ride easy, or do hill repeats on some hills till the rear makes an appearance.

Absolutely - and as I say it's not meant as a criticism of the FNRTTC'c in any way.  They are a unique and fantastic institution and I enjoyed them enormously.  Just saying that on club-rides with a similar policy you risk putting off more people than you are encouraging.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 09:44:59 pm »
Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves - Cher
Freewheeling / Re: Elephant in the room
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 09:41:54 pm »
I think the trick with FNRTTC, if you’re one of the faster ones; is either dress for and ride easy, or do hill repeats on some hills till the rear makes an appearance.
OT Gallery / Re: Interesting or unusual planes?
« Last post by rr on Today at 09:35:47 pm »
Flying ‘below the hills’ doesn’t mean that it was flying unusually low - or doing anything wrong, which is the implication of your statement that it was at ‘175ft altitude’. The 250’ MSD limitation means that 250ft is the closest the aircraft can be to any land, water or man-made obstruction. It does not mean that it must be 250’ above any land within a few miles. The whole point of low-flying training is to use the land to obscure your presence - and not just from electronic detection, but visual detection too.
I remember as a youth looking down on a Hercules as I walked on the Malvern hills, as it was on the west side I imagined that the SAS were practicing jumping into haystacks.
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 09:29:32 pm »
Shake, Holler and Run - John Lee Hooker
« Last post by JefO on Today at 09:22:44 pm »
You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by BrianI on Today at 09:18:30 pm »
More fun and games for me.

Feel somewhat dizzy / fuzzy headed whenever I stand after sitting.

But it's all part of my FND according to the A&E doc following my collapse on Monday the 8th of April...  :facepalm:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10