Author Topic: Removing Predictive dropdown lists from DuckDuckGo  (Read 1188 times)

Removing Predictive dropdown lists from DuckDuckGo
« on: 20 December, 2019, 05:01:24 pm »
How do you stop the search engine from using a predictive dropdown list when you type in a letter, or a few?  I share a computer with my daughter and it's never been a problem until now.  I have current health issues (as does a brother) and I've been doing a fair amount of searching about treatments and systems.  I haven't discussed these with my daughter but it has become obvious that she's noticed what I've been accessing when she's searched her own stuff and I don't want her worried anymore than she already is.  Obviously, I could just stop searching at home, but that is pretty inconvenient.

Any ideas?

Re: Removing Predictive dropdown lists from DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1 on: 20 December, 2019, 05:02:58 pm »
Shift delete or control delete (not backspace) should do it. I forget which & I'm not at a Windows pc to test.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2 on: 20 December, 2019, 05:21:13 pm »
Can you use an incognito or private window for searches you don’t want her to see? May be easier to remember at the start of your session rather than having to clear at the end and perhaps forgetting due to being distracted or called away.

ian

« Reply #3 on: 20 December, 2019, 05:37:18 pm »
Why not just have separate user accounts?

rr

« Reply #4 on: 20 December, 2019, 06:22:00 pm »
Why not just have separate user accounts?
Definitely the way to go

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: 21 December, 2019, 11:17:57 am »
Thanks all!