Author Topic: Warwickshire audaxes  (Read 877 times)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Warwickshire audaxes
« on: 10 September, 2021, 09:49:35 pm »
If anyone's on the rides from Meriden tomorrow say hi, I'll be on a black Btwin and in a loud jersey :thumbsup:
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Warwickshire audaxes
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2021, 10:22:33 pm »
I'd completely forgotten about this.  I entered the 160, but I'll be otherwise engaged in the Royal Orthopaedic...

Hope everyone has a good day.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2021, 01:51:15 pm »
I was there at the start this morning (as a member of HoECC) helping with checking in - numbers a bit down this year for the obvious reasons and that we moved the date from May 21 (again for obvious reasons, and we didn't run the events in May 20).   Interestingly we had just 3 no-shows for the 100km but quite a few more DNS on the 160km list . . . don't know why?

Lots of very loud jerseys but I did notice the Btwin  - one lady had an amazing outfit with butterflies printed all over the jersey and shorts!

Weather seemed pretty good, cool-ish with a light breeze.

Having been there at 0630 I was home just after 1000 for a second breakfast :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 12 September, 2021, 12:43:22 pm »
Thanks everyone for waiting for me at the end I got in with 15 mins to spare.  i was the last one in even though I was in the 100km.  Got a bit burnt but had a good day tho it was a long one.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #4 on: 12 September, 2021, 01:58:24 pm »
Thanks everyone for waiting for me at the end I got in with 15 mins to spare.  i was the last one in even though I was in the 100km.  Got a bit burnt but had a good day tho it was a long one.

I'll let Jon the organiser know you posted on here - he's on our club "Tour d'Oxfordshire" starting tomorrow.

AND - make a note everyone, the HoeCC Audax events - Cotswold Challenge and Warwickshire Wanderer should be back in the usual May time frame for 2022.  Watch the AUK website for the date.