Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1749923 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #15400 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:41:20 pm »
You have no sense of adventure.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15401 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:42:09 pm »
You have no sense of adventure.

I've just got sense.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15402 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:48:23 pm »
The shortest sensible route from here to the King Billy is 32km. With some COR it'll take me 90 minutes.

Much as I ❤️ you and your sense of adventure, I CBA with 3 hours in the pissing rain tonight.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15403 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:49:32 pm »
The shortest sensible route from here to the King Billy is 32km. With some COR it'll take me 90 minutes.

Much as I ❤️ you and your sense of adventure, I CBA with 3 hours in the pissing rain tonight.

:'(

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15404 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:50:43 pm »

You couldn't even be bothered with 5 miles down the road to Great Tey last week on a very dry and mild evening  :P
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15405 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:54:46 pm »

You couldn't even be bothered with 5 miles down the road to Great Tey last week on a very dry and mild evening  :P

And he's got B&B options in Shitham! 

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15406 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:55:19 pm »

Exactly, so I'm not gonna make the KB tonight. (It was pissing down that night too, here anyway)

Also, I'm a bit busy at the moment. I can't afford the anaesthetised braincells slowing me down in the morning.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15407 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:56:43 pm »

Thanks for the offer OD, but I have to be in Colchester in the morning.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15408 on: 30 September, 2020, 03:58:01 pm »

That wasn't what I meant although you'd be welcome to camp in the garden even though it confused the hell out of the cats!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15409 on: 30 September, 2020, 04:17:28 pm »

That wasn't what I meant although you'd be welcome to camp in the garden even though it confused the hell out of the cats!

I suspect you've confused them enough already, so I'll have to refuse your generous offer of a shared bivibag I'm afraid.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15410 on: 30 September, 2020, 04:19:21 pm »

I suspect you've confused them enough already, so I'll have to refuse your generous offer of a shared bivibag I'm afraid.

But he's got a tarp and trowel too!
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15411 on: 30 September, 2020, 04:21:56 pm »

But he's got a tarp and trowel too!

I was trying not to remember the trowel jiber.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15412 on: 30 September, 2020, 04:31:53 pm »
Its orange.

« Reply #15413 on: 30 September, 2020, 04:32:28 pm »
Sorry, I am out due to the weather. Be soaked by the time I get home and don’t fancy going back out in it. Sorry again.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15414 on: 30 September, 2020, 04:39:22 pm »
Sorry, I am out due to the weather. Be soaked by the time I get home and don’t fancy going back out in it. Sorry again.

Don't worry, join the fairy club,  that makes 3 of us with common sense. Hopefully see you next week.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15415 on: 30 September, 2020, 05:18:36 pm »
See what you've done???  Me and Oaky have decided we too can't be arsed so I have cancelled our table at the King Billy  ;D

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15416 on: 30 September, 2020, 05:37:51 pm »
But ... it's the ideal opportunity to test your winter wet weather gear, before the really bad weather sets in! I have treated my Shimano leather winter shoes with boot wax as the Goretex failed from the toes on the 400km last weekend and want to see how they hold up to dampness - they're otherwise in reasonable shape and might last another year or two.

Who's left from the Compasses six?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15417 on: 30 September, 2020, 05:40:13 pm »
See what you've done???  Me and Oaky have decided we too can't be arsed so I have cancelled our table at the King Billy  ;D

You pair of big fairies, where's your sense of adventure?🤣

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15418 on: 30 September, 2020, 05:42:45 pm »
But ... it's the ideal opportunity to test your winter wet weather gear, before the really bad weather sets in! I have treated my Shimano leather winter shoes with boot wax as the Goretex failed from the toes on the 400km last weekend and want to see how they hold up to dampness - they're otherwise in reasonable shape and might last another year or two.

The Witham Three are departing at 7:15 for ETA of 8pm

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15419 on: 30 September, 2020, 05:47:02 pm »

The Witham Three are departing at 7:15 for ETA of 8pm

:thumbsup:

« Reply #15420 on: 30 September, 2020, 06:34:48 pm »
See what you've done???  Me and Oaky have decided we too can't be arsed so I have cancelled our table at the King Billy  :-D
Ha ha ha - the really funny thing is that I stayed largely dry on the way home from work so I decided that I'd pop indoors for a quick coffee and then head straight out.
I'll just check the forum, I thought, and let them know...  :-D

Seriously though, my son is at respite tonight so its a nice chance to spend a bit of quality time with the rest of the family.
Next time :)  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15421 on: 30 September, 2020, 06:41:08 pm »
You'll regret not going out this evening when we're all locked down again until next year  :-\

« Reply #15422 on: 30 September, 2020, 07:20:15 pm »

Don't worry, join the fairy club,  that makes 3 of us with common sense. Hopefully see you next week.
:-D

« Reply #15423 on: 03 October, 2020, 10:54:55 pm »
I think I have this right for the 7th, so I am booking 6th place for the OT:
1. Joergen
2. Öaky
3. OD
4. C3333333333333333
5. Tomsk
6. Nick

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...