Author Topic: Tandem thoughts  (Read 12207 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Tandem thoughts
« Reply #50 on: 04 February, 2013, 06:46:25 pm »
Not really restricited to tandem riding though is it?

Definitely not, but it's easier to filter on a solo, than on a tandem. I'm also less inclined to take liberties - as there's someone else 's welfare at stake, not just mine. screaming in my ears to slow down/watch out/stop it
FTFY

That.
Getting there...

« Reply #51 on: 07 March, 2013, 07:42:29 pm »
We are now ex tandem owners for a number of reasons which have no bearing on these comments.

You will find that people react very differently to a tandem.

They smile. They give you loads of room. They hold gates open for you. They point and chuckle. They wave at you.

Riding a tandem is a whole new ball game.

Take on board seriously that to make a tandem work you need to be very in tune with your stoker and you need to communicate EVERYTHING you are about to do BEFORE you do it and then your stoker is in the loop.

We sold ours to a guy who thought by buying one he could force his wife to get into it.... more fool him we thought.

If you buy a cheap one you will regret it and yes yes yes hire one and and play with it before committing.

I miss ours. :(

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #52 on: 07 March, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »
We cast an eye over the selection at Pedal Power in Cardiff at the weekend.  They are proper - I was a bit worried that they would be mickey-mouse things (they hire out some really silly other bikes) but they were not.  So we've agree to try one soon...
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #53 on: 08 March, 2013, 05:50:17 am »
I can only agree with all what Poly Hive said. Most people you'll meet on the road will have a very positive reaction.

Just don't get upset by the poor souls that won't miss the opportunity to shout at you nasty things like "She doesn't pedal behind you!!"
They are probably jealous ;D ;D