Author Topic: tandem trike for one legged stoker adapted  (Read 2352 times)

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
tandem trike for one legged stoker adapted
« on: 14 August, 2014, 01:34:58 am »
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/ba5141_0802607325204828ac91e4e9165ac4f7.jpg_srz_p_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

terrifying tandems!
got one like this but in need of many fettles,

managed just over a half mile on the front today and I may, eventually, stop shaking!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Re: tandem trike for one legged stoker adapted
« Reply #1 on: 14 August, 2014, 10:20:12 am »
That's a cool machine!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #2 on: 14 August, 2014, 10:34:09 am »
Is that one of Peter Taylor's 'Victorian' trikes?

I met him at a Mildenhall rally several years ago - Peter, Mike Burrows and George Longstaff were chatting near to the Dtek stand when a 'CTC type' gent walked up, obviously not knowing who they were, and asked a few silly bike related questions. Not liking the answers he got, he left, shaking his head and muttering "They know nothing".  ;D
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 14 August, 2014, 02:47:19 pm »
Yes, a very old basic design.  Makes for a compact machine, doesn't it?
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 14 August, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
That's bonkers!  I want a go!

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #5 on: 14 August, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

That's it. It's been mistreated over the recent years and has been fitted with the cheapest, bent metal level, parts, steel rims and there is a tracking problem but it is the base for a project that might just mean I stay remotely sane.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #6 on: 15 August, 2014, 11:22:11 am »

That's it. It's been mistreated over the recent years and has been fitted with the cheapest, bent metal level, parts, steel rims and there is a tracking problem but it is the base for a project that might just mean I stay remotely sane.

Let me know if you are short of parts (about the only thing I know for certain I won't be able to help you with are the front wheels) and I will have a root around in the shed and garage.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Pedaldog.

• The Madcap!
« Reply #7 on: 15 August, 2014, 02:28:18 pm »
Cheers. I'll not get a chance topoke at it until the weekend but I'm hoping I have most, if not all, the parts I'll need. Hardest part will be that a few things need bending and maybe a little bit of welding.