Author Topic: DSLR Case  (Read 4257 times)

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
DSLR Case
« on: 30 March, 2008, 06:18:49 pm »
Is it generally the case that DSLRs don't have a case such as film SLRs had - ie one that covers the whole camera and is attached to the camera?

I recently bought a 2nd hand EOS 300D and it has a camera shaped bag instead of this, but I find it really annoying   >:(

Re: DSLR Case
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2008, 04:40:39 pm »
It took me a little while to understand your post - but now I do (you're thinking of those nice brown leather jobbies that one could get for slr's I guessed)  Unfortunatley I have no idea if they're available for digital slr's, but would assume not. I ready myself to be corrected.....
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2008, 05:01:52 pm »
These cases were not supplied anymore to new cameras long before film SLR's changed to DSLR's. I guess somewhere along the time when zoom lenses became popular and replaced the standard lens.

« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2008, 06:59:14 pm »
I was only talking to someone about those last week. They dont make them any more. Weren't they called "ever ready" cases. The bit taht covered the lens and the top of the camera was fixed by press studs and could be popped of quickly to take a picture. We had a nice one for an old Zenith we had.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2008, 07:18:45 pm »
Zenit might still make them. They would be a bit hard to convert though since the Zenits are bit more brick shaped as their Japanes brethren.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 08 April, 2008, 02:07:07 pm »
There are probably too many buttons in too many places for such a case to work well.
It is simpler than it looks.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #6 on: 08 April, 2008, 03:56:08 pm »
Alternative solution: soft neoprene pouch - that you can remove or leave danging from the camera:

www.morrisphoto.co.uk/productslist~categoryid~247~sub~D-SLR+Pouches~selection~.html
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●