Off Topic > The Pub

Confessions of a tool junkie

(1/220) > >>

pcolbeck:
OK I admit it I'm a tool junkie. I love good tools and hate rubbish ones.
Currently I'm slightly obsessed with German screwdrivers and screwdriver bits, Werea and Wiha, so much better than the standard junk. I have a great fondness for ratcheting screwdrivers of all vintages and good adjustable spanners (old Bahco or King Dick) too. I love trawling car boot sales for unloved classic tools, hand planes, files, chisels and the like.

But my favourite  thing of all for some reason is pliers.

I have far too many old Elliot Lucas pliers some restored and some sitting in the box of rusty stuff to be dealt with at some nebulas time in the future. Of the modern ones I like Knippex.
Today Amazon delivered me two pairs of Japanese "Engineer" brand pliers. I had to have these as they just look so great and are unique in that the ridges on the jaws run at 90deg to normal pliers so you can undo sheared off or rusty screws with them. Plus who can resist something named "Neji-sarus" with styling like something out of Star Wars?

Any other tool o'holics ?

T42:
The missus would say I am, but I never buy anything I don't need.

N.B. variable values of 'need'.

rogerzilla:
I have a complete set of tools for 1" headsets, including reaming and facing.  They have saved a lot of trouble with headsets that won't adjust properly, and reduced a few JIS forks to ISO.

essexian:
Am I the only one who cringes a little when their wife goes into their tool box...... I know that sounds sexist but its not meant to. It's simply that I have seen her do strange things with the wrong set of pliers.

And yes, I am more than happy to show her what does what but it's easier to do it myself...... blimey, does that mean she has trained me to do jobs I don't want to do when she wants them done......  :facepalm:

Jurek:
Hello. My name is Jurek and I am a tool junkie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version