Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2454079 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #4925 on: 22 November, 2011, 11:26:15 am »
It does look nice, but I would prefer (and this is only my opinion) traditional shaped bars. I've really gone off "Ergo" drops - they don't look cool and are no more comfy than a traditional curved drop (IMO). I know I have these monstrosities on two of my bikes, but they will be replaced soon!

Oh, I don't like Salmon guards either  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4926 on: 22 November, 2011, 11:31:36 am »
Dear me, poor old 'mak, he's really taking a pounding!  I wish now I hadn't been so rude about this hair the other night!

For the record, I think the Yates is smashing even if it hasn't got enough gears!

« Reply #4927 on: 22 November, 2011, 11:44:30 am »
It does look nice, but I would prefer (and this is only my opinion) traditional shaped bars. I've really gone off "Ergo" drops - they don't look cool and are no more comfy than a traditional curved drop (IMO)...

Is it because really you're a bit of a traditionalist, like our Clarion? ;D I, for one, find the shallower drop and well defined sections of ergo bars preferential for getting into nifty positions on the bike. And a quality hard aluminium guard is far better than an overpriced bit of plastic! ;)

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #4928 on: 22 November, 2011, 11:51:31 am »
My old faithful again, on a murky-misty-foggy Sunday jaunt.

Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #4929 on: 22 November, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
It does look nice, but I would prefer (and this is only my opinion) traditional shaped bars. I've really gone off "Ergo" drops - they don't look cool and are no more comfy than a traditional curved drop (IMO)...

Is it because really you're a bit of a traditionalist, like our Clarion? ;D I, for one, find the shallower drop and well defined sections of ergo bars preferential for getting into nifty positions on the bike. And a quality hard aluminium guard is far better than an overpriced bit of plastic! ;)

Stylish, is what you mean - not traditionalist!

And how much are those Salmon guards again?!
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #4930 on: 22 November, 2011, 04:20:23 pm »

« Reply #4931 on: 02 December, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »
Mainly, well... because I can (and because just recently I've been cleaning it more than I've been riding it  >:()
Nearly four years and 20,000 miles on. Frame, forks, STIs, changers and brakes are original. Everything else has worn out and been replaced (at least once).

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4932 on: 02 December, 2011, 08:17:34 pm »
Very nice.  Clean, considered and spot on.  What's not to like.

MalRees

• Hayes - centre of no known universe
« Reply #4933 on: 02 December, 2011, 08:40:47 pm »
That's a classy machine Jurek  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4934 on: 03 December, 2011, 12:01:59 pm »
the moulton gets its christmas makeover in time for the essex xmas do :)

« Reply #4935 on: 03 December, 2011, 12:24:08 pm »
Rapha xmas tree?

« Reply #4936 on: 03 December, 2011, 01:08:11 pm »
Damn, outed.  Quite reasonable at £320.99, guaranteed to last at least 4,000km and it smells nicely of lavender.

« Reply #4937 on: 03 December, 2011, 01:10:48 pm »
Mainly, well... because I can (and because just recently I've been cleaning it more than I've been riding it  >:()
Nearly four years and 20,000 miles on. Frame, forks, STIs, changers and brakes are original. Everything else has worn out and been replaced (at least once).

A thing of beauty  :thumbsup:
It has no mudguards  :o

« Reply #4938 on: 03 December, 2011, 04:28:16 pm »

I'm sorry to have to point this out Jurek but I think your valves are non-matching lengths, although it's good to see them both at 12 o'clock!  ;)

« Reply #4939 on: 03 December, 2011, 04:30:25 pm »
And what about the computer disc - and a pink wall?

« Reply #4940 on: 03 December, 2011, 04:58:14 pm »
I'm sorry to have to point this out Jurek but I think your valves are non-matching lengths, although it's good to see them both at 12 o'clock!  ;)

Not only is that a good spot I now can't see the full magnificence of the bike for this glaring flaw  ;D
Nuns, no sense of humour

deliquium

« Reply #4941 on: 03 December, 2011, 05:39:35 pm »
Is the upper (top) bottle cage yelling and bullying the (sub) seat tube bottle cage a little too agressively  ::-)

I like the pink wall  :)

And the bike looks NICE  :thumbsup:

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #4942 on: 03 December, 2011, 05:41:28 pm »

I like this very much (different tyres and valve lengths excepted! ;)). Are those Ksyriums with the stickers removed? And isn't Ultegra 6600 so much more elegant than the latest offering?

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #4943 on: 03 December, 2011, 05:46:48 pm »
Is the upper top bottle cage yelling and bullying the sub seat tube bottle cage?

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the flooring is exactly the same as what I have in my kitchen. But cleaner ;)

« Reply #4944 on: 03 December, 2011, 07:36:35 pm »
Blimey!
I go out for a ride and return to find that I have been thrown to the lions!!! ;D

A thing of beauty  :thumbsup:
Thank you  :-*

It has no mudguards  :o
What are these mudguards of which you speak? ;)

It must be about 4 years since I last bought a tube with a short valve stem - I've been waiting for this one to p*nct*re, but the tyres are too Tonka.
I could sabotage it, I suppose.
Errm.... the valves weren't  both at 12:00 when I took the first pics. But I know what this place is like....

And what about the computer disc - and a pink wall?
Do you mean the magnet should be elsewhere? Mea culpa. An oversight on my part.
The Pink Wall? (Note the capitals) Rapha came in and did the kitchen two years ago. So just back off. M'kay?

Not only is that a good spot I now can't see the full magnificence of the bike for this glaring flaw  ;D
In time, MacB, you will get over this.  :)

Thank you!  :)

I like this very much (different tyres and valve lengths excepted! ;)). Are those Ksyriums with the stickers removed? And isn't Ultegra 6600 so much more elegant than the latest offering?
Thank you. Ksyriums sans stickers, indeed. Agreed on the Ultegra 6600. I had to hunt around for a fair while to find a replacement for the original as (you know) it has been superceded with something less elegant.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the flooring is exactly the same as what I have in my kitchen. But cleaner ;)
While you've been out, I've been in your kitchen. Taking pictures. And then making the floor dirty.  ;)

One last thing...
The entire shoot had to be done again when I noticed one of the switches on the 13amp socket was 'on' and showing red.
Can't have that.

deliquium

« Reply #4945 on: 03 December, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

One last thing...
The entire shoot had to be done again when I noticed one of the switches on the 13amp socket was 'on' and showing red.
Can't have that.

May also suggest you Photoshop out the entire double 13 amp socket - AND put the cranks at horizontal?

PLUS get the skirting board  just as horizontal?

If you look at those annoying Cycling Plus magazine shots - they also have the BIG front ring on the small rear sprocket - makes it more macho - innit?

Still a gorgeous looking bike and wall (I won't mention the floor)

You know how forummers can become arseholes about such things  :o

« Reply #4946 on: 03 December, 2011, 08:50:47 pm »

May also suggest you Photoshop out the entire double 13 amp socket - AND put the cranks at horizontal?

PLUS get the skirting board  just as horizontal?

Still a nice looking bike and wall (I won't mention the floor)

You know how forummers can become arseholes about such things  :o

D'you know what?

I could've done all that.
Photoshop the sockets? Easy. But ICBA - Besides, it's my Rapha kitchen.
Cranks horizontal?
There's something clearly wrong with you, but it can probably be treated. Good luck.

I've heard about forummers like you.

Could someone please post a pic of a rainbow coloured bunny or unicorn - that's the last time I'm posting pics of my bike.

deliquium

« Reply #4947 on: 03 December, 2011, 08:54:09 pm »
Sorry

Didn't realise the Rapha conotation

hat and coat donning RIGHT now! :-[

No offence intended

:-[

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4948 on: 03 December, 2011, 09:36:00 pm »
As you may have noticed, deliquium really has left  ???

Perhaps the forum joker didn't get the joke?  Hopefully he'll be back.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4949 on: 03 December, 2011, 09:45:30 pm »
As you may have noticed, deliquium really has left  ???

Perhaps the forum joker didn't get the joke?  Hopefully he'll be back.

I hadn't noticed - but he and I exchanged PMs of a friendly nature not so long ago (this evening)
I hope he will come back.