Author Topic: Reports are coming in that Michael Jackson has died  (Read 17772 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Reports are coming in that Michael Jackson has died
« Reply #125 on: 28 June, 2009, 02:57:04 pm »
In all the tributes and blurb, I haven't heard anyone talk about how much Michael Jackson music of the future we're going to miss now he's dead. It's like everyone had just accepted that his good music days were over years ago and all the future was going to give us from him was more bizarreness.

But that's the point he's produced little critically acclaimed music since Thriller. his best days were over some time ago, musically he seems pretty much a spent force, all we had left was his bizarreness.

Yup.

Recently he was very much a pale imitation of his earlier days.

POTD  ;D

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #128 on: 29 June, 2009, 09:05:34 am »
On This Morning, a Coronation Street actor revealed he had once had tickets for a Michael Jackson concert but couldn't go because of the traffic.

Classic.  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Jezza

« Reply #130 on: 29 June, 2009, 11:06:19 am »
         Michael Jackson's death hit Glastonbury hard – and the news channels harder | Charlie Brooker |
            Comment is free |
            The Guardian

Well said Charlie.

The next day he was still dead, but somehow deader than the day before. He was all over the radio and papers. The TV had clips of Thriller on heavy rotation, which seemed a tad inappropriate, what with him playing a decomposing corpse in it. If Bruce Willis died falling from a skyscraper, I doubt they'd illustrate his life story by repeatedly showing that bit from Die Hard where he ties a firehose round his waist and jumps off the building.

Brilliant. ROFL  ;D

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #131 on: 29 June, 2009, 01:05:25 pm »
Will the loony fans accept this?

How long untill the Jackson sightings begin?

To convince them he is really gone you would have to display his head on a spike outside his old Neverland Ranch.

His father is now suggesting that the death was suspicious...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #132 on: 29 June, 2009, 01:33:51 pm »
I would suggest the MJ lost a lot of peoples sympathy vote with his alledged kiddy fiddling.

Alleged. That's the key word. He was acquitted in court. In the eyes of the law, that means he's innocent. Do you feel it acceptable to victimise someone who was the subject of unproven allegations?

On one set of charges.  The other was settled out of court.  The sum involved has been reported as being as much as twenty million dollars.  Some find this a trifle suspicious.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #133 on: 29 June, 2009, 01:35:23 pm »
I would suggest the MJ lost a lot of peoples sympathy vote with his alledged kiddy fiddling.

Alleged. That's the key word. He was acquitted in court. In the eyes of the law, that means he's innocent. Do you feel it acceptable to victimise someone who was the subject of unproven allegations?

On one set of charges.  The other was settled out of court.  The sum involved has been reported as being as much as twenty million dollars.  Some find this a trifle suspicious.

I still find it bizarre that you can effectively buy your way out of a criminal charge in the US.

In the UK that would just get you a further charge of witness tampering.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

LEE

« Reply #134 on: 29 June, 2009, 01:43:31 pm »

If Jacko was guilty of kiddy-fiddling and the parents settled out of court, leaving a know paedo free to re-offend, then are the parents effectively aiding and abetting?

Maybe they figured they could buy some decent therapy rather than put their kid on the stand in front of a jury.  Tough call.  A 'damaged' child and poor vs a slightly less 'damaged' kid and rich (but with Jacko free to do it again).

The rumours (true or otherwise) of odd bedtime antics were well known and yet parents still drove their kids to his house for sleepovers.  Maybe some people are willing to trade their child's innocence for 20 million.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #135 on: 29 June, 2009, 09:20:45 pm »
A dripping Mr Larrington came through the Grand Portal of Larrington Towers tonight and found, face down upon the mat like unto a beached halibut the August 2009 issue of Q.  On picking it up, I discovered the cover photo was of a Ray-Banned and unshaven zombie who, the cover blurb assured me, was "Michael Jackson Unmasked".

Oh dear.

Quote from: Paul Reese, Editor-in-Chief
It's the month of Jacko
At the time of going to press, the self-styled King of Pop was due to play the first shows of his proposed 50-night stand at London's O2 Arena within a matter of days.  But as Q has learnt in the process of putting this issue together, there are no certainties in Michael Jackson's world - besides the one that suggests anything that can go madly, will go madly.

Now that, kids, is what you call irony.

In the middle of the mag, there are twelve pages on the deceased.

Mr Rees, your shipment of Fail is in Reception.

In any case, Mr Cynical here wonders what's so special about 50 dates at the same venue.  George Thorogood & The Destroyers came off a support slot for the Stones, played two shows in Boulder and over the next fifty days played a show in each of the fifty states of the US (plus one in Washington DC on the same day they played in Maryland).  Lightweights, these so-called superstars...

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #136 on: 29 June, 2009, 09:24:45 pm »
Snuff used to play over 300 gigs a year in the early 1990s.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #137 on: 29 June, 2009, 09:33:51 pm »
I put it to Sir that there was probably a bit more travelling involved when Good Time George and the boys did the 50/50 Tour.  And anyone who claims that a GT & TD gig is not high-energy good old-fashioned rock'n'roll has clearly never seen them (rues day that George's slide bounced out of the palm of my hand and disappeared into the oaves behind the mosh-pit).

Moreover, His Bobness has hardly stopped touring since about 1988.  Though admittedly when TWFKAML and I saw him in Brixton a couple of years ago, it could have been a Dylan tribute act with a remarkably accurate singer.