Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1252011 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #800 on: 11 January, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »
Only one pound loss in the week, having tried to go back onto 'full controls'  >:(

Started well enough but too much booze over the weekend, me thinks.

At least it's in the right direction, if only slightly

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

gordon taylor

« Reply #801 on: 12 January, 2010, 07:57:42 pm »
Anyone else on weight-loss pills? I've only skimmed the last few pages of this thread, so apologies if it has already been discussed. Perhaps I should start a new thread?

Anyway: a bloke at work has lost two stones since he's been on weight loss pills. So I've bought some Alli pills from Boots and have set off on a another weight loss journey. They work by blocking some fat absorbtion. If you eat too much fat (> 20g per meal) you get the runs, which can be fast and unpleasant, I'm told. Cost is £40 for five weeks' supply.

I'm a gimmick man - I've lost loads of weight before (4 stones +) with Weightwatchers meetings, then (again) with Weightwatchers online. It all goes back on when I take my eye off the ball for two seconds...

So far so good. I'm so scared to shit myself at work that I watch my fat intake like a hawk.

This is my thirtieth year of "doing something" about my weight.

border-rider

« Reply #802 on: 12 January, 2010, 08:22:21 pm »
If you eat too much fat (> 20g per meal) you get the runs, which can be fast and unpleasant

I wonder if that's their main route to effectivemess :)

Good luck Gordy.  I'm interested to hear how this goes.  Please keep us updated.

border-rider

Graph ?
« Reply #803 on: 12 January, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »
Previously I've done graphs for the weight loss participants, but last time i became aware that perhaps it was making some people uncomfortable to have progress compared to that of others.

What's the view ? I can do it for a willing subgroup maybe.

Re: Graph ?
« Reply #804 on: 12 January, 2010, 08:37:26 pm »
Previously I've done graphs for the weight loss participants, but last time i became aware that perhaps it was making some people uncomfortable to have progress compared to that of others.

Count me in.

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #805 on: 12 January, 2010, 10:02:39 pm »
Yeah.  It'd be another incentive.  I can see why some might not want it, but I'd be very grateful if you'd include me. :)
Getting there...

« Reply #806 on: 12 January, 2010, 10:14:14 pm »
And me :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #807 on: 12 January, 2010, 10:19:59 pm »

OK with me. Is that a graph of weight / weight lost / percentage of goal achieved / something else?

« Reply #808 on: 12 January, 2010, 10:31:06 pm »
Anyone else on weight-loss pills?

I'm a gimmick man - I've lost loads of weight before (4 stones +) with Weightwatchers meetings, then (again) with Weightwatchers online. It all goes back on when I take my eye off the ball for two seconds...

I've never got on with that sort of weightloss pills. Far too undisciplined :-[. I have done well with pills from the (hugely expensive Harley St) diet Dr when I've felt flush in the past, but the diet is really strict and the pills include an appetite suppressant.  :-\
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

border-rider

« Reply #809 on: 12 January, 2010, 10:34:57 pm »
Is that a graph of weight / weight lost / percentage of goal achieved / something else?

I would think so, yes :)

Suggestions welcome.  Last time I did cumulative loss & % loss for each person, but % goal is a good one.

« Reply #810 on: 12 January, 2010, 10:46:14 pm »
Pictoral stats is good with me, however you choose to do it.

« Reply #811 on: 13 January, 2010, 07:24:00 am »

Yes please, would you include me - that would be great. Thanks.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #812 on: 13 January, 2010, 09:06:46 am »
Ditto --- if you're producing graphs it saves me doing it myself :)
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #813 on: 13 January, 2010, 09:54:25 am »
Feeling of Deja Vu here. I think I'm at the same point now that I was this time last year. With the same goal.

Every single kg I took off last year I put back on again before the end of the year.  >:(

Really quite annoyed with myself. No excuses this time.

I've started using the food diary on Livestrong, so I can be honest with myself exactly how much I'm eating.

I will do it. I will lose weight and make it up those hills.

Edit to say: I don't mind if I'm graphed. I'm doing it myself anyway, and it's always good to be on top.

« Reply #814 on: 13 January, 2010, 08:26:12 pm »
Count me in on the graphs as well.   This week is a disaster going the wrong way again  :-[

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #815 on: 13 January, 2010, 08:34:06 pm »
My graph -----------------------------------------------------------------  ;D

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #816 on: 14 January, 2010, 10:22:48 pm »
Just measured my waist. 48 inches.  :o

border-rider

« Reply #817 on: 15 January, 2010, 08:45:10 pm »
Just to keep us all on the straight and narrow(ish):

A floor collapsed beneath a group of about 20 members of Weight Watchers as they gathered to compare how many pounds they had shed over Christmas.

Floor collapses at Weight Watchers meeting - Times Online

« Reply #818 on: 15 January, 2010, 09:53:16 pm »
Something wrong with that quote. The lost pounds are gone. They were comparing the pounds they hadn't lost

border-rider

« Reply #819 on: 16 January, 2010, 09:06:04 pm »

Ok, I'm going to start this

I remember last time that it was a real PITA wading through all the tables each week to see who'd posted what.

This time I'm going to ask anyone interested to PM me their update each week. 

border-rider

« Reply #820 on: 16 January, 2010, 11:01:13 pm »

simonp

« Reply #821 on: 17 January, 2010, 04:44:35 pm »

Ok, I'm going to start this

I remember last time that it was a real PITA wading through all the tables each week to see who'd posted what.

This time I'm going to ask anyone interested to PM me their update each week. 

Sounds like a job for a script.  Can't be all that hard.  I might look into it if I have a spare moment.

border-rider

« Reply #822 on: 17 January, 2010, 04:47:40 pm »
That would be good

For now it's OK as not many people are in, and having to PM me will at least filter out the non-committed ;)

simonp

« Reply #823 on: 19 January, 2010, 01:23:21 am »
I've started writing the script, will probably take a few days as I don't have that much time to spare atm.

It'll take an url to a yacf page and attempt to output CSV with username then weights in date order on the same row.  Very limited error checking obviously.

Next level(s) of automation would be to automatically work through all the pages of the weight reports thread, filter in (or out) users who are in (or out), generate a graph automagically using gnuplot, and even upload it to teh web automatically.  Most of which will probably never happen. :)

« Reply #824 on: 19 January, 2010, 06:38:05 am »
Thanks for the graphs,  Pointed out that I am the only one gaining weight.  :-[ :-[ :-[

I real kick I T A  which is what I need if I am not to follow last years example.

Thank you very much

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot