Author Topic: Wingham Pubs  (Read 1675 times)

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
Wingham Pubs
« on: 16 May, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »
Does anyone know what the pubs are like in Wingham in Kent.  I've got listed The Red Lion, The Dog Inn and The Anchor.

Which is best for food at lunchtime and also err... beer!

Anywhere else good nearby?

Ta
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Re: Wingham Pubs
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2008, 03:57:40 pm »
Can't say for Wingham itself, but the Crispin* in Worth is usually pretty good.  It does seem to change tenants on a regular basis tho'. and I haven't been there since July last year.  Selection of beers has varied with the tenants over the years, but there's _usually_ local bitter and sometimes cider(s).   

Nice garden out the back, food's OK. Bar and restaurant. 

Within easy cycling distance of Wingham.  Off the Sandwich to Deal road on your left. You've got to go right down into the village and left past the duck pond.  Do _not_ stop at the Blue Pigeons.

Sandwich itself is OK for pubs and there's a couple of good restaurants there inc. one by the toll bridge (Fishermans Wharf  IIRC that we've eaten in a few times).  Unfortunately the Tanner at Wingham has closed - used to do delicious liquorice ice-cream - but there is a curry place there that had a good rep.

*Not the Carpenters. Brain Fade late Friday. Sorry.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

fiendish

• Yummy!
« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2008, 10:00:20 pm »
We stayed at the Dog in Wingham last autumn.  Accommodation was ok, nothing special but the food wasn't bad at all.  Bit overpriced, but a nice menu with some good fish.  Breakfast was disappointing.

I wasn't drinking at the time, so can't comment on the beer sorry, and OH isn't here to ask.

Nice big open fire and comfy sofas, but possibly not what you want at this time of year!

« Reply #3 on: 17 May, 2008, 10:12:32 pm »
The pub in Ickham which is pretty close used to have a really nice menu and a good selection of beer. Haven't been for a very long time though. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.