Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Speed wobble
« Last post by T42 on Today at 03:56:58 pm »
I corrected shimmy on the Ti Warhorse by adding a bar bag, which changed the bars' resonant frequency.

You can also change the bike's resonant frequency by gripping the bars tightly and keeping your arms rigid.  If you get it just right the bike will start to shimmy, which will cause you to grip more tightly and make your arms stiffer yet and the shimmy worse.  BTDT on the 10% slope down off the top of Mt. Ventoux towards Malaucène and scared myself silly.
GPS / Re: Etrex 32x slow map display?
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 03:41:36 pm »
Internal memory and the mapset supplied in the GPS.
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 03:33:06 pm »

If Morbihan hadn't done the extra 130k in Friesland, he might have been my time
 But in the end he seems 19 mins behind me.

Still a bloody impressive ride. Well done!

J
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 03:31:27 pm »
80k yesterday. Saw the LWL lot off, had a coffee the followed them out last Islip to Woodstock. Coffee and sausage roll in a sunny spot on the street. Then a bumble down to Oxford parkway and train back to Chalfont St Peter’s. Beautiful weather for a ride and lovely to ride in a part of the country completely new to me.
I never knew that was where Blenheim was!
OT Knowledge / Re: MTD for VAT
« Last post by SoreTween on Today at 03:27:34 pm »
Thanks Jaded, £20 is a hell of a lot less than it used to be.  The cost to me would be more because I'd have to get back on the Microsoft gravy train, I'm all linux :-)

But wait, what's this?  Only an MTD bridge that supports LibreOffice on Linux.  Yeeee ha!  £7.50 a go but that's a £52.50 gain on my current arrangement, roll on next quarter.

And yeah, I'd be just as suspicious of a new free service.
GPS / Re: Etrex 32x slow map display?
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 03:24:03 pm »
Is it the exact same mapset you were using before?
And is it stored in the same location ( internal memory vs SD-card )?

Some of the OSM-based mapsets can be way over-detailed, and the little brane takes a long time to render them. Depends on which 'distro' you are using.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 03:15:27 pm »
Put a smear of grease on the movement of one of my D locks. It's only needed it for about four years. And yes, it's the one I use every day. Much smoother now.
Arts and Entertainment / RIP Bernard Hill.
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 03:08:20 pm »
Yosser, Theoden, The Duke of Norfolk & a lot of other stuff.

https://x.com/bbcbreaking/status/1787119899422212377
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 03:04:16 pm »
Finished fixing a friend’s track pump.

Replaced a pair of brake pads on HK’s orange trike and tweaked the front derailleur. I think I will need to replace it soon.

Flint-mined two trikes.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Efrogwr on Today at 03:01:22 pm »
Kemi BadEnoch for promoting the bullshit (from the IEA) about the alleged lack of effect that having an Empire had on Britain. And the bollock brained wankers who thought it up.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10