Author Topic: YACF jersey pictures  (Read 128142 times)

pixieannie

• Partial to a dash of chainsaw oil
Re: YACF jersey pictures
« Reply #350 on: 21 February, 2012, 06:28:42 am »
Pre-ride on the MTB on a very cold and icy day.
(image background) You're supposed to unhook the bike from the beam before mounting ;)

I'm glad nothing's changed. :-*

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #351 on: 24 June, 2012, 09:31:37 pm »
Thread Bump.

Long-sleeve (summer) purple, and Long-Sleeve (winter) blue.  With bonus waterbottle.  Hard hats were mandatory, because of Creswell Crags' elfin safety regime.  (OK, we forgot to take them off once outside.)

The left bank of the pond is Nottinghamshire, and the right bank is Derbyshire.  As if anyone's looking at the scenery.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #352 on: 25 June, 2012, 07:25:09 am »
^^^ That's a nice photo.  Who is the other yacf type person? 

I'm hoping you're not doing something similar to Charlotte's photo stranger project whereby you accost passing photogenic ladies and make them wear a yacf top and a silly hat whilst you cuddle them in front of a camera on a timer.  I think you'll find people have been arrested for less  ;D

« Reply #353 on: 25 June, 2012, 07:34:34 am »
It's the lovely tiptop. Lucky chap, that rower40.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #354 on: 25 June, 2012, 09:10:12 am »
The lovely Tiptop, who is lovely.

Hard hats at Cresswell Crags?  What were you up to?
Getting there...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #355 on: 25 June, 2012, 10:55:33 am »
We were investigating the Cave Art, discovered in 2003, taking the guided tour from the Visitor Centre (where they lent us the bump-caps).  Not so much "painting" (as the caves are open to the outdoors such that any pigments would have degraded long ago), but some scratches which are vaguely reminiscent of the shapes of animals.  When seen from the right angle, in the right light, and with a vivid imagination.

Having said that, the archeologists are all extremely excited about this, as it's the only accredited ice-age cave art finds in Britain.  This should support Creswell Crags' submission to become a World Heritage Site, along with the evidence that suggests that Neanderthal Man was there - the furthest north that he's been found.

And we'd ridden from Derby (30 miles plus).  So I was wondering about putting this in the "Have you been out today?" thread.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #356 on: 25 June, 2012, 11:28:42 am »
Ah, ice age smut :)

The horse bone carving in the museum is very good though.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #357 on: 25 June, 2012, 11:55:09 am »
, along with the evidence that suggests that Neanderthal Man was there - the furthest north that he's been found.

he's still alive & well,& can be found in a variety of self propelled tin boxes with a wheel at each corner ::-)

I didn't know about the find at CressCrags...thanks for that.
Allow me to congratulate & welcome you publicly to yacf-lucky-chap contingent :thumbsup:

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #358 on: 25 June, 2012, 10:42:44 pm »
It's the lovely tiptop.
True.
Lucky chap, that rower40.
So so so true. It's all gone horribly right.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #359 on: 25 June, 2012, 10:45:06 pm »

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #360 on: 25 June, 2012, 10:45:36 pm »
No Tiptop in this picture, I'm afraid, but there are thirteen jerseys.  No blue, orange or green, though we do have them in our household too.

Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #361 on: 25 June, 2012, 10:48:13 pm »
Have you broken into TimO's garden?   ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #362 on: 25 June, 2012, 10:50:51 pm »
I wasn't aware Tim was a member of the Clarion 1895! :thumbsup:

Boots! ;D
Getting there...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #363 on: 26 June, 2012, 07:44:59 am »
[caption competition]
When Clarion heard the instruction to "String 'em up", he misunderstood.
[/caption]

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #364 on: 26 June, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

LEE

« Reply #365 on: 26 June, 2012, 11:18:40 pm »
No Tiptop in this picture, I'm afraid, but there are thirteen jerseys.  No blue, orange or green, though we do have them in our household too.

I can see which is winning in the "Shall we do some gardening or go for a bike ride?" contest.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #366 on: 26 June, 2012, 11:39:44 pm »
I can see which is winning in the "Shall we do some gardening or go for a bike ride?" contest.

*snorks*

POTD!

« Reply #367 on: 26 June, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »
Have you broken into TimO's garden?   ;D

No, but our two households being in close proximity does mean there's distinct possibility of a South London YACF Jersey Event Horizon forming, as the weight of jerseys causes an implosion of lycra into a Black Multi-coloured Hole.

If I hung jerseys out on a line, that far above the ground, you wouldn't be able to see them for plants.  That garden is a paragon of perfection compared to mine.  Triffids would run away from my garden, for fear of what may be hiding there!
Actually, it is rocket science.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #368 on: 27 June, 2012, 08:04:24 am »

*snorks*

POTD!

I'm sure I don't know what you two are on about! :o

;)
Getting there...

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #369 on: 27 June, 2012, 07:46:05 pm »

Glad to see that the consumer society is being so well supported in your household  :)

But do you realise that for the cost of all those jerseys you could have bought a Rapha one ?
Aero but not dynamic

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #370 on: 27 June, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »

*snorks*

POTD!
It's not a garden.  It's a cat leisure facility.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #371 on: 27 June, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »

Glad to see that the consumer society is being so well supported in your household  :)

But do you realise that for the cost of all those jerseys you could have bought a Rapha one ?

Yes.  I probably could.  And then not ridden my bike so much (like most Rapha owners) ::-)

Dolt.
Getting there...

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #372 on: 27 June, 2012, 09:45:47 pm »

Yes.  I probably could.  And then not ridden my bike so much (like most Rapha owners) ::-)

Dolt.

A bit of a harsh reaction for a tongue in cheek comment  :(
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #373 on: 29 June, 2012, 03:24:27 pm »

Yes, but since there are 4 sizes on the line, we might have trouble sharing one Rapha one!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #374 on: 30 June, 2012, 09:00:08 am »

Yes, but since there are 4 sizes on the line, we might have trouble sharing one Rapha one!

I suspected as much  ;)
Aero but not dynamic