Author Topic: Amazon OTP number  (Read 1136 times)

Amazon OTP number
« on: 31 July, 2020, 09:07:09 pm »
Some time back I was getting some very odd texts purporting to be from Amazon so I blocked the number. I am now in bother with them as I cannot get the OTP codes on  my mobile.

Might anyone know what the number is that they come from please so I can check my block list as one line of enquiry to solve the problem as I cannot use my account and their help is a little useless like resont to the address of the email I've just sent you so I did, it bounced as it's a do not reply addy....... hmm...

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

Ben T

Re: Amazon OTP number
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2020, 09:53:43 am »
Might be worth checking if your phone has the ability to export/import the block list, then you can export it, unblock them all, then reimport when you've got the required text.
Or back up/restore.
Failing that change your number to a friend's/family member's phone temporarily?

Texts don't always have to come from a specific mobile number, though, they can come from a web service.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2020, 10:20:31 am »
You can use the Google Authenticator app on your phone or tablet to get the OTP codes. Maybe quicker/easier than receiving texts.

Though still a good idea to have a backup method.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2020, 04:06:31 pm »
I've never had the need to need an Amazon OTP, but if they want to send texts, they'd be out of luck with me.  If I'm indoors, no phone signal!   So, Lloyds Bank, when using my mothers online facility, kindly don't keep sending me OTP's by text!  My bank, Santander, uses the phone app, so why can't you do some online option?
Wombat

« Reply #4 on: 01 August, 2020, 05:12:53 pm »
Many thanks fuaran that did it to my astonishment. How a number generated by google works with Amazon I ain't a clue but thank you so much as I've had nothing but rubbish out of amazons so called help lines.

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

Ben T

« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2020, 11:05:58 pm »
Many thanks fuaran that did it to my astonishment. How a number generated by google works with Amazon I ain't a clue but thank you so much as I've had nothing but rubbish out of amazons so called help lines.

PH
Works with everything, it’s some sort of generic protocol