Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897412 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6700 on: 28 November, 2023, 06:59:45 pm »
Not all swivel eyed loons are Tories, but all Tories are swivel eyed loons.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #6701 on: 07 December, 2023, 01:44:35 pm »
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #6702 on: 07 December, 2023, 01:50:46 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67640833
Jenrick
Definitely.

The stupid bloody rwanda scheme never stood a chance of working. Australia tried doing something similar, it cost an immense amount of money, caused loads of suffering and didn't make any difference.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6703 on: 09 December, 2023, 12:30:00 pm »
Pray give a warm yacf welcome to the Twatheon for “Matt23Afc” who, in response to an article headlined “Illegal migration to Germany drops dramatically since introduction of border controls”, Xitted:

Quote from: Freshly-Minted S-T
Nice try but Germany is a landlocked country
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6704 on: 09 December, 2023, 09:06:40 pm »
And now the freshly-elevated S-T is insisting the UK is a island :facepalm:  Even Dominic Raabid's atlas isn’t that inaccurate.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #6705 on: 11 December, 2023, 01:54:23 pm »
And now the freshly-elevated S-T is insisting the UK is a island :facepalm:  Even Dominic Raabid's atlas isn’t that inaccurate.

The UK is 125 islands (if you take a minimum count and square area of 1km, and don't include every little sticking up bit as an island in its own right).
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #6706 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:08:11 pm »

The UK is 125 islands (if you take a minimum count and square area of 1km, and don't include every little sticking up bit as an island in its own right).

Plus the bit that is, geopolitically speaking, an island.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6707 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:13:09 pm »

More than that if one uses the criteria I read many years ago, which included the definition that anything large enough to to grow enough grass to sustain one sheep should be classified as an island.
Sorry, I have been no idea where I read that.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6708 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:19:43 pm »
In the Thousand Islands region of USAnia and Canuckistan an island must have an area of at least one square foot all year round and support two living trees.

Regulator

« Reply #6709 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:21:39 pm »

More than that if one uses the criteria I read many years ago, which included the definition that anything large enough to to grow enough grass to sustain one sheep should be classified as an island.

I've used a minimum one square kilometer in surface area, as otherwise you really don't get consensus - and I've seen figure of 6,000 - 7,000 islands mentioned (although I think sometimes people conflate the British Isles with the UK).

Green Party Councillor

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6710 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:23:02 pm »
I just looked up how much grass you need to sustain a sheep, and it rapidly deteriorated into horrendous mathematics.  Perhaps a better definition would be whether the island is big enough that the sheep won't fall off and drown (not that they won't try anyway, on general principle)?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6711 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:48:12 pm »

I've used a minimum one square kilometer in surface area, as otherwise you really don't get consensus - and I've seen figure of 6,000 - 7,000 islands mentioned (although I think sometimes people conflate the British Isles with the UK).

Mr S-T Matt23Afc appears to have been conflating the UK with Great BRITAIN, a mistake often made by Twats.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6712 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:55:10 pm »
Regardless of the technicalities of how you define an island, you could describe the UK as "an island nation", ie a nation made up of one or more islands.

Except that we have a land border with Ireland - but then Indonesia also has land borders with other countries, eg Papua New Guinea, and is regarded as an island nation so maybe that's not such a sticking point.

Anyway, Germany... famous for its landlocked ports such as Hamburg.  :facepalm:
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Regulator

« Reply #6713 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:56:54 pm »

Mr S-T Matt23Afc appears to have been conflating the UK with Great BRITAIN, a mistake often made by Twats.

If you peruse the Xitter thread, you will see I gave Mr S-T Matt23Afc my view of his opinions...  ;)

Green Party Councillor

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #6714 on: 11 December, 2023, 03:25:03 pm »
In the Thousand Islands region of USAnia and Canuckistan an island must have an area of at least one square foot all year round and support two living trees.

Would that be two living bonsai trees?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6715 on: 12 December, 2023, 10:49:08 am »
Excellent piece about Joey Barton, who recently restated his longstanding claims to be a member of the S-T pantheon...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/12/joey-bartons-far-right-rebrand-points-to-sad-malaise-among-footballs-lost-boys

(Particularly like the line about "that Tory MP with the Rick Parfitt wig")
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #6716 on: 12 December, 2023, 12:13:57 pm »
Excellent piece about Joey Barton, who recently restated his longstanding claims to be a member of the S-T pantheon...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/12/joey-bartons-far-right-rebrand-points-to-sad-malaise-among-footballs-lost-boys

(Particularly like the line about "that Tory MP with the Rick Parfitt wig")
Yes, I read that earlier. Some great invective in there, almost worthy of Marina Hyde :-)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6717 on: 12 December, 2023, 06:19:22 pm »
Barton has been seen hanging around next to the tills in Tesco trying to stop women from buying man-sized tissues or Yorkie bars.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6718 on: 13 December, 2023, 07:01:16 pm »
Anxious to grab some of the headlines currently being hogged by the likes of Jonathan Gullis and Lee Anderthal, MP for Don Valley Nick Fletcher weighs in with:

Quote from: A man bitten by a radioactive halfwit
It’s happening in Doncaster and it’s happening in places throughout this country, and we are turning parts of our community into a ghetto, and this is what is happening […] Your little child falls over in the street, you have to go to A&E and you get a 12-hour waiting list, and the reason why the waiting list is so long is because people don’t speak English in these places anymore.

Byline Times' Adam Bienkov retorts:
- Just 0.1% of Don Valley residents can't speak English
- Only 0.8% have lived in the UK less than five years
- Less than 6% are non-white

If Fletcher was any thicker he’d set.

« Reply #6719 on: 13 December, 2023, 07:19:49 pm »

Has anyone told Desert Island Discs about the need for grass in their desert?

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #6721 on: 13 December, 2023, 10:34:03 pm »

Has anyone told Desert Island Discs about the need for grass in their desert?
In terms of immigration (the ST reference point) no-one is going to be able to survive on a 1 sheep island.

Edit to remove superfluous words.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6722 on: 13 December, 2023, 11:41:43 pm »

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #6723 on: 14 December, 2023, 12:11:39 am »
Badenoch condemns London plague study after MP calls it ‘woke archaeology

What, and I do mean WHAT, the actual fuck?
From the article in Teh Grauniad
A spokesperson for the museum said: “I can confirm that the museum received a letter from the minister regarding the research and we have responded to her directly.”
In my head that sentence continues "by referring the minister to Arkell v Pressdram."
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #6724 on: 14 December, 2023, 09:21:43 am »
Badenoch condemns London plague study after MP calls it ‘woke archaeology

What, and I do mean WHAT, the actual fuck?
Badenoch is peak ST material. What you get if you distill years of the ERG with Tory policy.

It is really quite fascist, this move to telling academic institutions what they can and can't research.
<i>Marmite slave</i>