Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750744 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #6600 on: 20 April, 2015, 08:22:54 pm »
Wow - that's some route... almost a day ride! LOL
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6601 on: 21 April, 2015, 09:05:46 pm »
...and I'm back...

Reckon I'll take it easy this week as it's the A&S helpers' ride on Saturday, so I'll head straight to the Cats, via just the one ascent of TMNH, still about a 40 mile round trip for me, though.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #6602 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »
The route is potentially a bit ambitious so I suggest that if we haven't got to The Cats by 10pm we abandon the route and head straight for the pub.

« Reply #6603 on: 21 April, 2015, 10:35:42 pm »
I'm aiming to do a loop from home taking in tmnh which should give me about the same mileage as last week.  I am taking it easy in solidarity with those doing the a&s helpers' ride  :P

If I don't see you on the road then hope to catch up in the pub.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6604 on: 22 April, 2015, 08:38:55 am »
The route is potentially a bit ambitious so I suggest that if we haven't got to The Cats by 10pm we abandon the route and head straight for the pub.

Approx how many miles into our ride is the stop at The Cats OD?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6605 on: 22 April, 2015, 08:45:34 am »
More than 45 miles I'd say.

The Retiree

« Reply #6606 on: 22 April, 2015, 08:59:26 am »
I guess it will largely depend upon how fast we are in between climbs as to whether we make it to the Cats for 10, at least on departing the Cats we know all the climbing has been completed  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6607 on: 22 April, 2015, 09:10:55 am »
I guess it will largely depend upon how fast we are in between climbs as to whether we make it to the Cats for 10, at least on departing the Cats we know all the climbing has been completed  :thumbsup:

No it hasn't, we've still got to get back to Wickham Bishops although we could take a more direct route home.

The Retiree

« Reply #6608 on: 22 April, 2015, 09:17:05 am »
No it hasn't, we've still got to get back to Wickham Bishops although we could take a more direct route home.

Oh yes the little trundle up Station Rd.... it would seem rude not to accompany Ted & Tippers up to Wickham Bishops  ;) we always have the option of taking your original second climb up TMNH which turns off before The Rodney thus avoiding the steep bit if pressed for time!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6609 on: 22 April, 2015, 09:20:46 am »
 :thumbsup:

The Retiree

« Reply #6610 on: 22 April, 2015, 09:26:04 am »
I also hate to see hard grafted route planning go to waste so I may well opt to complete your plotted route even if others don't fancy it  :thumbsup: however we could always slipstream Tippers up Station road  :o

« Reply #6611 on: 22 April, 2015, 10:55:53 am »
I rode home via the Garden Centre S bends (between Witham and Maldon) the whole section from the intersection where you can turn to Blue Mills Hill up to the B1018 has been surfaced in some of the finest seal I have ever had the pleasure to ride on! Enjoy it while it's Fresh folks!

The Retiree

« Reply #6612 on: 22 April, 2015, 11:39:23 am »
I rode home via the Garden Centre S bends (between Witham and Maldon) the whole section from the intersection where you can turn to Blue Mills Hill up to the B1018 has been surfaced in some of the finest seal I have ever had the pleasure to ride on! Enjoy it while it's Fresh folks!

This means we should have the Witham peloton flying along at 20mph + on this stretch then  ;D

« Reply #6613 on: 22 April, 2015, 11:40:45 am »

That's amazing. Essex County Council must have surplus budget they need to get rid of. Must be miles better that the usual hazardous shingle and glue effort they usually use.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6614 on: 22 April, 2015, 12:02:34 pm »
The Forces of Real Life are beginning to conspire against me. If I'm not at the roundabout at 7:30 crack on without me. I'll catch you later.

« Reply #6615 on: 22 April, 2015, 12:35:00 pm »

That's amazing. Essex County Council must have surplus budget they need to get rid of. Must be miles better that the usual hazardous shingle and glue effort they usually use.
<cough>election</cough>

The Retiree

« Reply #6616 on: 22 April, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »
The Forces of Real Life are beginning to conspire against me. If I'm not at the roundabout at 7:30 crack on without me. I'll catch you later.

I hope you're not trying to duck out of all those metres of climbing you have plotted..... On a serious note is there anyone from the Witham peloton that will be riding and has the route? Otherwise I will need to look at trying to get in on my device!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6617 on: 22 April, 2015, 01:09:33 pm »
I'm at Olympia (the exhibition centre not the mountain in Greece) with much shit going down in the background.

The Retiree

« Reply #6618 on: 22 April, 2015, 01:12:53 pm »
I'm at Olympia (the exhibition centre not the mountain in Greece) with much shit going down in the background.

Glad to hear your not in Greece as I would say a 7.30 departure from Spa Rd would be rather pushed  :-\ Are you there with Huggy of this parish...? He tells me he is in The big smoke today!

« Reply #6619 on: 22 April, 2015, 01:35:10 pm »
As mentioned last night on the train some smartarse has placed a meeting in my calendar for 5pm today. Apparently some people can't do meeting during the day (potentially to sober for what I need to demo). I won't be at Spa road and depending on how long that goes on for I may just end up doing an extended loop home (with Paniers) but I intend that to be up TMNH and then I will roll home past The Cats into Maldon and then up the back roads (Tolleshunt Major) back to Tiptree which should give me a reasonable mileage count and make up for my laziness last week and Monday.

Hopefully I bump into some of you on my travels but I don't intend on being out to late as I am currently Knackered and still looking likely to need the A&S as my PBP 400 this weekend.

The Retiree

« Reply #6620 on: 22 April, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »
As mentioned last night on the train some smartarse has placed a meeting in my calendar for 5pm today. Apparently some people can't do meeting during the day (potentially to sober for what I need to demo).

Do these people not realise your participation with MEMWNS today always comes first......

Hopefully I bump into some of you on my travels.

Hopefully we will cross paths with you enroute or at The Cats  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6621 on: 22 April, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »

Glad to hear your not in Greece as I would say a 7.30 departure from Spa Rd would be rather pushed  :-\ Are you there with Huggy of this parish...? He tells me he is in The big smoke today!
I was in Olympia yesterday with much cocked-uppedness on the Central Line causing me to walk far further than I wanted to.  I am now home from my latest excursion to That London and about to join my last work call of the day (with luck!).  I intend to be at the roundabout for 7:30, maybe even with route programmed in to Garmin, although I have a feeling the legs would prefer a loop or two to be forgotten about  ::-)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

The Retiree

« Reply #6622 on: 22 April, 2015, 04:43:26 pm »
I intend to be at the roundabout for 7:30, maybe even with route programmed in to Garmin, although I have a feeling the legs would prefer a loop or two to be forgotten about  ::-)

Look at it as character building ahead of PBP i'm sure you will be fine on those extra loops  ;D as I mentioned to OD we can always go with his first effort on the 2nd TMNH climb which misses out the steep part and most of the hill if pushed for time

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6623 on: 22 April, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »
So I've come up with this ... CLICKY!
I've taken the track from this and offered it to BaseCamp, BC said  :hand:
It doesn't like spaghetti factory explosions!  I have done what I can with the guided route but I take no responsibility for being lead navigator.  For my opinion I think heading out to Fairstead, TMNH, Woodham Walter #1, Wickham Bishops, Maldon, Danbury and Woodham Walter #2 works, but that's probably just me being a wimp this evening  :facepalm:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #6624 on: 22 April, 2015, 04:50:45 pm »
So I've come up with this ... CLICKY!
I've taken the track from this and offered it to BaseCamp, BC said  :hand:
Bikehike and save as tcx it'll work fine, you still have your 705 yes?