Author Topic: Richmond Park laps Tuesday 31st March  (Read 4035 times)

Richmond Park laps Tuesday 31st March
« on: 30 March, 2009, 07:57:12 pm »
Anyone for a few steady laps tomorrow evening? Speed: audax lanterne rouge or slower, especially if I feel like just stopping and admiring the view.   

6:30 at Roehampton Gate?

ChrisO

Re: Richmond Park laps Tuesday 31st March
« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2009, 08:21:05 pm »
Could do... I will instruct my people to enter negotiations with Mrs ChrisO's Diary department.

Having bought her The Wire second series today my stock is high and may be permitted to withdraw some enjoyment from the bank.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2009, 08:50:49 pm »
Interested, but no-can-do.  :(

But I was going to post asking if anyone is interested in RP on Thursday (7pm start - 6:30 means starting of around 30 seconds after arriving).
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 30 March, 2009, 08:56:14 pm »
Is it the start time that is the issue? I'm happy to make it 7 rather than 6:30.

If it is the day rather than the time, I might be interested in Thursday too.

« Reply #4 on: 30 March, 2009, 09:36:14 pm »
Sadly I can't as I have to go to a godawful awards ceremony with canned apes. I mean canapes. 

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #5 on: 30 March, 2009, 09:42:30 pm »
I might possibly be able to do Thursday. 

Can't do tomorrow, though.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 30 March, 2009, 09:43:55 pm »
Tuesday night is club training night for The Twickenham, so The Liz and I will be being beasted round a 25 mile training loop.  You're welcome to come along if you fancy it, Pluck...
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: 30 March, 2009, 10:04:57 pm »
The Liz and I will be being beasted

It's certainly the most interesting offer I've had in a while :P but sadly I must decline due to being not even remotely fit enough.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #8 on: 31 March, 2009, 11:57:33 am »
Is it the start time that is the issue? I'm happy to make it 7 rather than 6:30.

If it is the day rather than the time, I might be interested in Thursday too.

Time: 6:30 will always be tough for me unless I can guarantee being out the office door spot-on at 5 (or I have the day off).  The one time I went out to Richmond Park for an after-work ride I left the office a few minutes late and had to push very hard to get there on time.  Thankfully PaulF let me catch my breath before we started.

Day: In general Wednesdays and Thursdays work well for me - unless I happen to have a meeting and I'm sans vélo.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Tiger

« Reply #9 on: 31 March, 2009, 12:40:21 pm »
I may well be there - testing out the new tailbox/engine compartment setup.  Try not to get sucked into my slipstream vortex if you see me.

ChrisO

« Reply #10 on: 31 March, 2009, 02:00:51 pm »
So, is this on ? I'm still up for it -  but can't be arsed to go over there if nobody else is doing it.

« Reply #11 on: 31 March, 2009, 02:49:55 pm »
Yes, sorry, still aiming to be at Roehampton Gate at 18:30. Dare say you'll be a bit speedy for me ChrisO!

ChrisO

« Reply #12 on: 31 March, 2009, 03:19:11 pm »
That's OK - just a chance to clock up a few more kms before the end of the month. Competition on Cyclogs has got pretty fierce these days.

I think I come in through Roehampton gate - that's the one near the cafe right ?

Yellow Roberts with muduards, no helmet probably a YACF buff if I can find it and ACF shorts.

« Reply #13 on: 31 March, 2009, 04:12:37 pm »
Yes, end of Priory Lane, sort of NE corner of the park.

Me: Van Nicholas Yukon, mudguards, tri-bag on top tube. yACF buff  :)

Dave

« Reply #14 on: 31 March, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »
One day I am going to find a way of getting down for one of these, but even getting there by 1900 is pushing it from here.

Maybe with the new job (which, if it's nothing else, is at least on the right side of London for RP).

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #15 on: 31 March, 2009, 04:25:40 pm »

It's certainly the most interesting offer I've had in a while :P but sadly I must decline due to being not even remotely fit enough.

You are a very wise man. Even Twickenham CCs <cough> slow group </cough> doesn't hang about  and the "Other" group needs to be seen to be believed. Charlotte wrote a very nice thing about it in the other place.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

« Reply #16 on: 31 March, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
Many thanks to ChrisO for the company - enjoyed that mightily  :)

I'd forgotten that the downside of the changing seasons was that the park is now full of traffic in the evenings. Wasn't too bad tonight though.

Spring is in full swing; it really was remarkably mild out there.

Spotted Tiger on my last lap! Overtaking people! At first I thought it was a moped - I was thinking, "Christ, they really are putting good lights on mopeds these days" - but no: Tiger with a hell of a front light.   

ChrisO

« Reply #17 on: 31 March, 2009, 08:40:01 pm »
Indeed, nice ride at a good pace. Cheers. I'll try to make it part of my monthly trips back to Blighty if you are doing a regular thing on Tuesdays.

rchomba

« Reply #18 on: 31 March, 2009, 09:33:38 pm »
I live about 10 mins from the park and would be interested to join you for these evening rides. I tend to do them alone and it can be challenging at times. So if you will have me along....

« Reply #19 on: 31 March, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »
I hope to make it a regular spin ; Tuesday is the day I am most likely to leave work on time.

All welcome of course  :)

I'll update the thread before next Tuesday rolls around. Sociable pace rather than a training ride - although I hope I'll get faster.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: 31 March, 2009, 11:09:10 pm »

You are a very wise man. Even Twickenham CCs <cough> slow group </cough> doesn't hang about  and the "Other" group needs to be seen to be believed. Charlotte wrote a very nice thing about it in the other place.

Rolling average of 18.5mph tonight for the slow group.  I was pulling 'em along at about 23 on the way out to Sunbury Cross.  Bloody marvellous fun.   Mind you, I was riding gears.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Tiger

« Reply #21 on: 01 April, 2009, 09:14:53 am »
I was there. But not till 1930. However I did test the new tailbox engine unit. It is very noisy, rattles a lot etc - but seems to give a lift to speed which was the idea.

« Reply #22 on: 01 April, 2009, 09:21:09 am »
I was there. But not till 1930. However I did test the new tailbox engine unit. It is very noisy, rattles a lot etc - but seems to give a lift to speed which was the idea.

Good to hear!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #23 on: 01 April, 2009, 02:02:12 pm »
I was there

I noticed - see above  :) . What is your current light set up Tiger?

Tiger

« Reply #24 on: 01 April, 2009, 02:16:32 pm »
That awesome raygun was the upgraded factory-fit solidlights set on stun.  KNown as the Dinotte-disser in the trade.
Much pleased with the lights and also the aero-effect of the box - very flattering - makes it possible to get up to warp speed and then hold it for a bit.