Author Topic: trim and analyse LEL tracklog  (Read 2454 times)

trim and analyse LEL tracklog
« on: 14 August, 2022, 10:27:45 am »
I have my LEL in one  big file - Easy using Simple GPX thank you, Phil OTP
What  I'm interested in is trimming off the start - I have  about  two hours  at  Davenant  and then analysing control and other rest  times  - I think I was  pretty  efficient  but  may well be  surprised.
Anyone  suggest  a simple  way to do this please? 

Re: trim and analyse LEL tracklog
« Reply #1 on: 14 August, 2022, 10:45:16 am »
You know your start time.  Find that in your tracklog.  It’ll be an hour earlier as gpx tracklog times are in GMT. Then delete all track points before that time.   Manual I’m afraid, but quick enough.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 14 August, 2022, 11:01:54 am »
You know your start time.  Find that in your tracklog.  It’ll be an hour earlier as gpx tracklog times are in GMT. Then delete all track points before that time.   Manual I’m afraid, but quick enough.

Would be my approach, if I didn't want the software meddling with the rest of the data.  (Lots of track-editing software will discard temperature and heart-rate data.)

Some text editors are atrociously slow when fed large files.  Use one that isn't.

« Reply #3 on: 14 August, 2022, 11:11:44 am »
I would upload it to Strava - setting it as 'private' if required.  You can then crop the ride in Strava and look at the overall vs moving times.

« Reply #4 on: 14 August, 2022, 04:16:36 pm »
If you have a Mac there’s an app called Adze Lite with a “remove stops” feature which lets you see what’s what.

Alternatively in the Strava desktop website you can click analysis, click the clock icon and the stops will be obvious on the graph. You can click and drag along them to measure their length.

« Reply #5 on: 14 August, 2022, 06:21:40 pm »
Plus I forgot, of course you can trim it easily with Basecamp.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #6 on: 14 August, 2022, 07:10:38 pm »
Yes, I would do this with Basecamp.