Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: London Sightseer cafe stop
« Last post by st599 on Today at 03:58:01 pm »
Still doesn't seem to be on the Calendar.  Wonder if anyone has any contact details.
The Knowledge / Re: Project Handlebar
« Last post by nikki on Today at 03:56:10 pm »
Both my Moultons have long 35 degree stems to put the drop bars in the right place for me. I got past setting up a bike for somebody else’s visual appeal a long time ago. A bike is a tool for covering miles and creating good memories, so whatever works towards those aims is the right way to go.

Seconded, but with fewer Moultons.

I suspect I'm going to end up with a stem like that too when I replace the fugly adjustable that's on the Adventure Commuter build.
The Dark Side / Re: Sun ez3 stolen
« Last post by Blodwyn Pig on Today at 03:52:24 pm »
Good stuff!. Awaiting the gory details.
The Pub / Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 03:38:58 pm »

Despite me being home all day, staying in intentionally so that I would be here for my parcel. DHL didn't even bother to ring the door bell. So now I have to wait until Monday afternoon to be able to pick up my box of tools. Argh.

J
The Knowledge / Re: Project Handlebar
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 03:32:41 pm »
Both my Moultons have long 35 degree stems to put the drop bars in the right place for me. I got past setting up a bike for somebody else’s visual appeal a long time ago. A bike is a tool for covering miles and creating good memories, so whatever works towards those aims is the right way to go.
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 03:26:30 pm »
I'm not really trying to.  Presumably the power all goes in CPU churning and coms, but why it has to be so prodigal I've no idea. Smacks of bad design.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by spesh on Today at 03:21:27 pm »
Hold Me, Thrill Me Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - U2
Health & Fitness / Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Last post by Beardy on Today at 03:17:35 pm »
Nothing yesterday, but a 7.5k walk today, although that’s mainly because we’re dog sitting for the boy’s dog. I managed to an hour and a half without it raining on us as well.
The Knowledge / Adjusting Di2 Alfine 8?
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 03:13:55 pm »
A friend has an ebike with Di2 Alfine 8 gearing that is having intermittent shifting issues between Gears 5-6 in both directions.

I have not played with Di2 hub gears before and most of the information on the net (remarkably little) doesn’t refer to the Alfine 8 version. I understand that the Di2 actuator is the same for 8sp and 11sp hub gears. The Shimano dealers manual doesn’t give any useful troubleshooting advice, effectively saying “tweak this and see if it makes better, otherwise tweak it the other way and see.”

Because this hub has the same issue changing up and down, I don’t think this adjustment will solve things and, if unlucky, may make it worse. The tweaking is effectively the same as tightening or loosening a gear cable. There is also an adjustment for speed of shifting but I don’t know what is the best shift speed for an ebike.

Does anybody here have experience with diagnosing and adjusting Di2 hub gears?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by orraloon on Today at 03:05:21 pm »
See Me, Feel Me  ~  The Who
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10