Author Topic: TPRno2.  (Read 3787 times)

TPRno2.
« on: 16 March, 2021, 12:01:08 pm »
Application was extended to the end of this week if anyone is looking for a late season race.
https://transpyrenees.cc/register

In a rush of blood to the head Ive applied to race this.
Its partially as back up incase TCR gets deferred again due to "de Covid" but it's also been on the radar for a future adventure, just not in the same season.
The Lost Dot entry reminder came in while I was riding the virtual Raid on the turbo, stuck out here on The Rock with no where to go but in circles and the temptation was too strong.
If TCR goes ahead as scheduled, and I hope it does, it will be a lot of mileage in the back half of the Year.
It looks like a lot of climbing! Not my forte, but will give it as good as I can.
I did the Raid a few years ago and was really taken with the Pyrenees, particularly the Western half.
The quieter roads and scenery really appeal.

often lost.

Re: TPRno2.
« Reply #1 on: 01 April, 2021, 03:04:06 pm »
Got the nod for a spot.  Anyone else racing?
often lost.

« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2021, 01:17:53 pm »
TPRno2 has been called this morning and deferred until next year.
No surprises there given the pandemic situation and the possibility of curfews etc.
I'll head down that way solo late next month and do a little tour of my own in lieu. No particular route plan but try to take in some of the lesser known and more remote climbs. Ride dawn until dusk rather than full ultra race mode.
It will give me a chance to test some cold weather gear and the new sub compact  ( but heavy!) bike for long distance riding.
I  got to get off this small Rock and over a hill after 2 years marooned. The Taxc raid Pyrenees on the turbo just aint doing it!
If anyone has a favourite off the radar climb in the Pyrenees Id welcome the input. Gravel welcome. Busy roads not so much.
often lost.

« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2022, 12:50:31 pm »
Started this morning. A huge split in the route choices from the get go.
Weather looks "challenging"
https://www.followmychallenge.com/live/tprno2/
often lost.

felstedrider

« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2022, 01:36:46 pm »
Byronius Maximus is riding.   Not sure if he still knocks around on here but well known in the Audax world.

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #5 on: 30 September, 2022, 03:22:47 pm »
GPS from the forum and very strong long distance cyclist Graham Steward is riding, currently showing as 79th on the leaderboard

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #6 on: 05 October, 2022, 08:42:07 pm »
Byronius is doing pretty well

It looks like Parcour6 is different on the live tracker to what they have given the riders somewhere around Bun.

Following a few and was a little concerned they'd missed a turn, but turning all the other rider tracks on makes me think they were right.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick