Author Topic: Feck sake  (Read 1151 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Feck sake
« on: 27 March, 2021, 03:27:51 am »
After last year's season stsrt was lost to a calf injury that saw me trying to build up all the way into summer, I've now gone and mashed my knee off wooden decking as part of a stupid slip.
Nice big dose of knee swelling and soft tissue being over extended including pain was my reward for slipping.

The only advantage I've found to breaking myself is that I'm not breaking bikes.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Re: Feck sake
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2021, 06:11:06 am »
Condolences. My Achilles is being a pain as well.

Perhaps we need a “What I have injured now” thread for the incomplete but painful injuries.

« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2021, 06:47:38 am »
Sorry chaps - one traumatic and one chronic! Sorry, but reminded me a visit to a physio who asked if my injury was traumatic, at which I explained that it certainly was as I couldn’t run. Turned out he wasn’t asking about my mental state, but the injury was indeed traumatic.

FifingE get well soon.

Chris - no running, eccentric stretching on stairs and ice 3 times daily. PM me or reply if you want a more detailed description of the necessary stretching routine. Achilles are beggars due to blood supply etc, but can be fixed.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2021, 09:41:50 am »
Condolences all. Every year since 2018 has been buggered by some stupid accident or other for me, and this one is no exception - I've started the season at leat four times this year and been nobbled by something every time. Haven't managed to train to 200k level since 2017. :( Shit.

Conveying the spirit of the moment: https://youtu.be/lUVQz6_-vxc
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2021, 11:50:25 am »
Sorry chaps - one traumatic and one chronic! Sorry, but reminded me a visit to a physio who asked if my injury was traumatic, at which I explained that it certainly was as I couldn’t run. Turned out he wasn’t asking about my mental state, but the injury was indeed traumatic.

FifingE get well soon.

Chris - no running, eccentric stretching on stairs and ice 3 times daily. PM me or reply if you want a more detailed description of the necessary stretching routine. Achilles are beggars due to blood supply etc, but can be fixed.

Thanks Mike.  I understand all the theory of achilles injury, chronic tendiopathy, micro tears, etc as it is the same as tennis elbow.  I am using a small heel wedge to rest it with stretches.