Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1629011 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #8375 on: 06 December, 2016, 08:19:26 pm »
Actually, it's quite nice being unable to go out shopping and being forced to shop online in my warm, quiet, well-lit kitchen, devoid of madding crowds to put me off-balance and make ANGRY!
 :) ;D

fuzzy

« Reply #8376 on: 07 December, 2016, 11:01:30 am »
And you can listen to your own music whilst you shop.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8377 on: 07 December, 2016, 11:52:22 am »
Or none.
SILENCE FTW!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #8378 on: 07 December, 2016, 03:28:43 pm »
Will you stop cutting down trees and sending out crimbo letters, two today alone, I'm not interested and it would be better for this little rock we call home, I mean think about the wee post person who have to carry the lot around !!! Still three weeks to go, you can do all your bahumbugging on the 24th Dec and I will give you the 25th, because I'm nice, and that is it!!! Don't start in August !!!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8379 on: 07 December, 2016, 07:53:18 pm »
Royal Snail, according to the Mega-Global Big River Corporation of Seattle, USAnia's webby SCIENCE my parcel was "out for delivery" just after six on Friday morning.  The sorting office is only a mile away, my item has still not landed on the doormat and I am starting to believe thatone of your employees has decided to help himself to my copy of His Bobness' "The REAL Albert Hall Concert".

Git!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #8380 on: 07 December, 2016, 08:53:33 pm »
Will you stop cutting down trees and sending out crimbo letters, two today alone, I'm not interested and it would be better for this little rock we call home, I mean think about the wee post person who have to carry the lot around !!! Still three weeks to go, you can do all your bahumbugging on the 24th Dec and I will give you the 25th, because I'm nice, and that is it!!! Don't start in August !!!

And if you then hand deliver your fecking crimbo card make sure you get the right address will you.

This is turning into a rant isn't it
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #8381 on: 08 December, 2016, 11:21:05 am »
Dunno whose rubbish Ken Bruce is playing now, but it is my firm belief people who can't sing should not be allowed to make records
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8382 on: 08 December, 2016, 01:29:03 pm »
So, Conservative Party, if privatising Royal Mail was such a brilliant idea why has it taken SIX days for a CD entrusted into their tender care to travel about a mile?  I'be had bike bits arrive from USAnia quicker than that >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #8383 on: 08 December, 2016, 03:12:46 pm »
It's 40 minutes to sunset and the clouds are finally breaking up. It's starting to get light just in time for it to get dark.

I hate this time of year :(
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #8384 on: 08 December, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
It's 40 minutes to sunset and the clouds are finally breaking up. It's starting to get light just in time for it to get dark.

Bah! Floating about in the north sea, as one does, at this time of year even without cloud it's barely getting light before it gets dark again.
At least the sea is calmer today.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #8385 on: 08 December, 2016, 05:31:48 pm »
Why can't ruddy farmers leave mud & slurry on the fields and not in road width 150m slippery strips?  I do not wish to indulge in rally Cross on my way to Mr Morrison's supersize grocery to buy butty ingredients 😤
" One Cup Of Tea Is Never Enough But 2 Is One Too Many " - John Shuttleworth

« Reply #8386 on: 08 December, 2016, 09:30:41 pm »
Farmer-spread mud? I think that's what I came off on last night. I was leading, & the warning that gave may be what saved everyone else. Ruined the night for me. Gave up & went home (thanks for seeing me back, Jeanette).

Still got a bit of a headache to match the bruised hip, grazed elbow & stiff (bruising, again) shoulder. Could be worse, though - the bike's OK.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #8387 on: 09 December, 2016, 09:33:27 am »
Xmuss "pop" songs

:sick:

« Reply #8388 on: 09 December, 2016, 10:37:26 am »
Farmer-spread mud? I think that's what I came off on last night. I was leading, & the warning that gave may be what saved everyone else. Ruined the night for me. Gave up & went home (thanks for seeing me back, Jeanette).

Sorry to hear that, glad you  &  bike are  mostly OK. Sounds like you took one for the team that time. This could grow up to be a full on rant,  just don't  mention hedge cuttings either.  (Searches for soothing music).
" One Cup Of Tea Is Never Enough But 2 Is One Too Many " - John Shuttleworth

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #8389 on: 10 December, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »
Hmm, so the new Bell box I picked up from the post office this morning to replace the dying one on my house is missing bits, and my ladder is way too short to reach.

I can't be bothered with this, I'm going to break a habit of DIYing everything and get an electrician in to fix it next week.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #8390 on: 11 December, 2016, 10:20:27 am »
Drug manufacturers: A) Why do you feel the need to colour your antibiotic capsules? B) If you're going to do so, why use E102 & E110 colourings that have a very dubious safety record?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #8391 on: 11 December, 2016, 07:07:32 pm »
Evans spam lands in my inbox. "What do you call an artist who sculpts with bicycle parts?... Cycleangelo"

Er, no. You call him Picasso.  Numpties.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #8392 on: 11 December, 2016, 10:34:09 pm »

I have Good News and it begins tomorrow. Yes 12 dec not 21.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8393 on: 11 December, 2016, 10:36:20 pm »

I have Good News and it begins tomorrow. Yes 12 dec not 21.

St Lucy's Day is 13 December, usually earliest sunset.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #8394 on: 11 December, 2016, 10:45:28 pm »
Somehow it is possible for someone to be completely unaware of what has been common knowledge for many years. Suffice to say that 'flushable' toilet wipes have been permanently banned from entering the house ever again. The terrible promise of otherwise having to fix the problem themselves in future might be sufficient.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #8395 on: 11 December, 2016, 11:16:11 pm »
Somehow it is possible for someone to be completely unaware of what has been common knowledge for many years. Suffice to say that 'flushable' toilet wipes have been permanently banned from entering the house ever again. The terrible promise of otherwise having to fix the problem themselves in future might be sufficient.

^^^This
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

ElyDave

« Reply #8396 on: 12 December, 2016, 06:30:42 am »
Not so much flushable toilet wipes as attempting to flush said wipes.

« Reply #8397 on: 12 December, 2016, 11:19:24 pm »
I see that the nostalgia for the good old days of 1973 has finally turned into action with major postal and rail strikes.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

ian

« Reply #8398 on: 13 December, 2016, 09:27:45 am »
I see that the nostalgia for the good old days of 1973 has finally turned into action with major postal and rail strikes.

The Daily Mail and Brexit crowds should be in clover. Rationed clover, of course. Merry old, nostalgia-tinted Blighty, unspoiled by all that modernity. I'm going to leave my doors unlocked all night and kill as many foxes as I want.

ElyDave

« Reply #8399 on: 13 December, 2016, 11:28:21 am »
Lurgy - FOAD.

I have stuff to do that does not involve sniffling, leaking and aching