Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 01:53:28 pm »
Low-echelon Gammon windbag Darren “Crafty” Grimes is up in arms about these:

…even though they’re not sold in the UK.
The Pub / Re: BONG ..And Here is the Not News..BONG
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 01:45:49 pm »
I discovered that my sister has taken the opposite approach; her passport expired, she had no plans to travel abroad in the near future, so she didn't renew it. Which means that when she does eg go to visit her friends in Germany, she'll have to apply for a new passport and it will definitely be valid. At least until it isn't. She has, of course, a driving licence and probably other proofs of existence if needed.
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 01:34:12 pm »
And the hateful catheter is gone  :thumbsup: . Hopefully it won't be back for years  :-) .  Thank you all for the support and advice. You have helped me keep slightly sane  :P

“Sane” & “Cycleman”.  Words rarely used in the same sentence…..
« Last post by matthew on Today at 01:31:04 pm »
Given the sunshine this morning I wish you well on your ride.

This post did not age well, it has been raining ever since.
« Last post by Kim on Today at 01:28:51 pm »
See, that's the thing.  I've barely travelled abroad as an adult, a passport being what you use to prove your identity when you don't have a driving licence.  Which means that the first thing I'd do if I were going to travel abroad so is check up on TEH RULEZ, particularly those that might have been affected by The Event.
« Last post by Kim on Today at 01:23:21 pm »
Congratulations!
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 01:22:52 pm »
This ’10 year passport rule’ issue seems to be in the news.
I got D a new passport in 2022 for that reason.
It wasn’t new then and it certainly isn’t now!

It pops up every few months in case we all missed it the countless times it been mentioned before.  If anyone wasn’t aware of it, they’ve been living in a cave or never travel abroad.
The Pub / Re: You know you're middle aged when
« Last post by Kim on Today at 01:22:35 pm »
Similarly, I completely lost interest in gaming when I realised there was a nearly endless list of more interesting things you could do with computers.  Every now and then someone shows me a gaming thing and I'm awed on a technical level[1], but I can't maintain interest.

[1] Much to the bemusement of TLD (who is presumably a proper grown-up by now) inna bunkhose in *checks notes* 2013.
OT Knowledge / Re: Left luggage
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 01:10:40 pm »
What time did the gig end? I had a look at both those sites pretending I was going to a gig or something in Bath next Friday, and all their sites close by 7pm at the latest. Bounce did suggest two open later – but they were both in Bristol.
And the hateful catheter is gone  :thumbsup:. Hopefully it won't be back for years  :).  Thank you all for the support and advice. You have helped me keep slightly sane  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10