Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2455229 times)

Blah

• Not sure where I'm going
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #2025 on: 15 September, 2009, 01:50:50 pm »
This year's winter bike (and do pretty much everything else). The fixed is either being sold or temporarily retired. The Pashley Moulton TSR30 will be sold when I get around to cleaning it and taking pictures (do PM me if you're interested).

I just copied what Gordy did, really.

Apologies for the crap pictures.

« Reply #2026 on: 15 September, 2009, 02:36:18 pm »
The Pashley Moulton TSR30 will be sold when I get around to cleaning it and taking pictures

Is that the one you run fixed, in the cool photo you've posted several times?  :)

Blah

« Reply #2027 on: 15 September, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »
The Pashley Moulton TSR30 will be sold when I get around to cleaning it and taking pictures

Is that the one you run fixed, in the cool photo you've posted several times?  :)

Do you mean this picture? ;-) That's the one. It's sporting 20 of your Campag gears at the moment though.

gordon taylor

« Reply #2028 on: 15 September, 2009, 09:06:07 pm »
This year's winter bike (and do pretty much everything else). The fixed is either being sold or temporarily retired. The Pashley Moulton TSR30 will be sold when I get around to cleaning it and taking pictures (do PM me if you're interested).

I just copied what Gordy did, really.

Apologies for the crap pictures.

What's that big block thing on the seat tube?

I think your bike is fab, mine is similar.  O:-)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2029 on: 15 September, 2009, 09:09:49 pm »
Getting there...

« Reply #2030 on: 15 September, 2009, 09:12:07 pm »

I was admiring a Pashley Moulton on Sunday.  I'm so relieved I can't afford it at the moment.  I really, really can't afford it. 

"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Blah

« Reply #2032 on: 16 September, 2009, 08:58:47 am »
What's that big block thing on the seat tube?

Greenbank is right.

« Reply #2033 on: 16 September, 2009, 09:15:58 am »

*gulp*

*want*
+1
please tell me you've sold it already?

Blah

« Reply #2034 on: 16 September, 2009, 11:01:02 am »

« Reply #2035 on: 16 September, 2009, 12:44:26 pm »

The bakfiets loaded up with the Dahon D7HG for a trip to the post office; off to its new owner.

The diffferences between its packaged size and weight and what Dahon claim as its folded size and weight were surprising to say the least,

alan

« Reply #2036 on: 16 September, 2009, 03:24:04 pm »
. The Pashley Moulton TSR30 will be sold when I get around to cleaning it and taking pictures (do PM me if you're interested).

This is not the best time to be spending money wisely on yet another cycle (geddit?) but YHPM

« Reply #2037 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:44:59 pm »
. The Pashley Moulton TSR30 will be sold when I get around to cleaning it and taking pictures (do PM me if you're interested).

This is not the best time to be spending money wisely on yet another cycle (geddit?) but YHPM

Is there something you should tell me Alan

alan

« Reply #2038 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:48:03 pm »

at the appropriate time my dear :-*

« Reply #2039 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:49:07 pm »
I think that it will be along the lines of love you v. much, have a bunch of flowers, don't you look nice, breakfast in bed, washing up, wash the dog, take out the rubbish, and look what I got really very cheaply indeed my dearest.  O:-)

alan

« Reply #2040 on: 16 September, 2009, 06:52:18 pm »
I think that it will be along the lines of love you v. much, have a bunch of flowers, don't you look nice, breakfast in bed, washing up, wash the dog, take out the rubbish, and look what I got really very cheaply indeed my dearest.  O:-)

;D  :thumbsup:

All that would immediatley generate much suspicion.The content of this thread will be sufficient :smug:

« Reply #2041 on: 16 September, 2009, 08:01:45 pm »

Don't encourage him, I suppose he having pm's about said bike, will have to look at his account on the quiet  ;D

Sigurd Mudtracker

« Reply #2042 on: 16 September, 2009, 09:08:17 pm »

I'm not in competition with Alan but curious about the TSR30.  I may be in a position, etc, etc in a few months and have eyed them with interest.  I wondered if it would be one that I could use and keep my elderly (but still spritely) AM for "best".  Why are you selling?  I have to admit to being a bit of a Moulton buff with 4 of the things in the garage but wasn't so impressed with the APB S7 my father had - it seemed terribly heavy and agricultural.

Blah

« Reply #2043 on: 17 September, 2009, 10:44:41 am »
I'm not in competition with Alan but curious about the TSR30.  I may be in a position, etc, etc in a few months and have eyed them with interest.  I wondered if it would be one that I could use and keep my elderly (but still spritely) AM for "best".  Why are you selling?  I have to admit to being a bit of a Moulton buff with 4 of the things in the garage but wasn't so impressed with the APB S7 my father had - it seemed terribly heavy and agricultural.

Why am I selling? I've got too many bikes and it's time for a clear-out. It's a fantastic piece of engineering and it's really nice and comfortable to ride. I've done the Bryan Chapman (amongst various other Audaxes) on it, I would definitely not describe it as agricultural.

Emotionally I love this bike and we've had some great times together. Rationally it just doesn't get ridden enough. I've realised that it's my nature to want to change bikes regularly and there's no point in buying 'a bike for life' such as this one. I just like trying different things and that involves riding different bikes etc.

« Reply #2044 on: 19 September, 2009, 05:16:55 pm »
Could not get to the bottom of the Headset issues with the Trek Soho so got the Dolan frame back down from the loft and changed all the parts over this afternoon.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #2045 on: 19 September, 2009, 05:58:32 pm »
Just gave my TT bike a clean (I doubt it'll make another outing this season). I don't like compact frames, but this fits me well and goes fast!

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2046 on: 21 September, 2009, 08:56:17 am »
I just gave our PT Stallard tandem a clean and replaced the timing chain so I thought I would take a pic:

Pen Pusher

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2047 on: 21 September, 2009, 09:08:01 am »
I just gave our PT Stallard tandem a clean and replaced the timing chain so I thought I would take a pic:

That's an interesting transmission!  Why is the main chain attached to the front pedals as well as the timing chain?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2048 on: 21 September, 2009, 09:14:11 am »
Classic piece! :thumbsup:

Yeah - lot of chain going on ;D
Getting there...

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2049 on: 21 September, 2009, 09:37:26 am »
That's an interesting transmission!  Why is the main chain attached to the front pedals as well as the timing chain?

It's front crossover drive (see this article linked from Sheldon Brown). Not common, I guess.

I don't know if the tandem was built that way. It currently has a 5 speed block with a recent handlebar-mounted thumb shifter. However, I also have the original (?) drop bars and if you look closely you will see a set of down-tube shifters so I assume it must have had more than one chainring at some point.
Pen Pusher