Author Topic: TPU Inner tubes  (Read 13069 times)

Re: TPU Inner tubes
« Reply #125 on: 14 April, 2024, 03:05:06 pm »
- the braking is objectively terrible - the bike slows down a little but it just doesn’t stop - there’s no “bite” and a lock up would be impossible - I’m starting to think that it’s actually dangerous and I’m not confident on the bike.

If I can help, I will where (approximately) do you live?
"Ott's Law states that the worst weather will coincide with the worst part (for that weather) of any planned ride"

finch

• Hair today gone tomorrow
    • Comicpictures
« Reply #126 on: 14 April, 2024, 03:16:13 pm »
East Lothian

« Reply #127 on: 14 April, 2024, 03:49:18 pm »
 :'(  :'(

Too far for me sorry. I would be looking to see if something is stopping the movement of the pads (other than the disc).
"Ott's Law states that the worst weather will coincide with the worst part (for that weather) of any planned ride"

finch

• Hair today gone tomorrow
    • Comicpictures
« Reply #128 on: 14 April, 2024, 04:05:49 pm »
When the disc isn’t present they close up nicely - Clark’s CHM-08. Initially I thought they were much better than the promax ones but in real world conditions they’re just as bad. I’ve now got a bunch of pads and a second set of discs that have all been basically useless. I spent ages trying to bed them in properly and on one set even tried brake goo that’s supposed to both speed up the process and increase friction. Had a couple of quite scary moments out there today so the bike - which isn’t old - is being retired until I have the bits or resources to try again.

Generally if I’ve had an issue I’ve been able to fettle it back to good but I’m utterly defeated - I feel like chucking the whole thing in a skip - which I’m obviously not going to do