Author Topic: chain lube...?  (Read 11511 times)

ed_o_brain

Re: chain lube...?
« Reply #75 on: 15 June, 2009, 10:24:25 pm »
Can I quote you on that? :)

Raph

« Reply #76 on: 01 July, 2009, 10:20:36 pm »
Wow - didn't realize this thread was still going! I've recently used purple extreme, green oil, prolink, halfrauds bike spray, makt, a couple of others I can't remember the names of... and, erm... they're all very nice! That's my fully researched scientific conclusion. None of them break the bank so quibbling cost would be quibbling pennies, and they're all oily. I lube the chain every ride now cos I can't be bothered working out whether it needs it or not.

The fact that I get through less chains than I used to is probably more to do with the fact that I'm less of a wrecker, i.e. less fit now that I'm a crumbly, rather than the fact that most lube I use now has fancy technology.

Thanks for all the replies!

« Reply #77 on: 01 October, 2012, 08:29:40 pm »
Resurrecting this cos its autumn. Just ordered 16oz of Pro Gold after serious consideration of Purple Extreme. Now next purchase I need  a pumped oil can thinks as I dont want to be spraying.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #78 on: 01 October, 2012, 08:30:58 pm »
I'm putting the Pro Gold away for six months, Finish Line Cross Country from now on.

« Reply #79 on: 01 October, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »
lol such is life

« Reply #80 on: 01 October, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »
Resurrecting this cos its autumn. Just ordered 16oz of Pro Gold after serious consideration of Purple Extreme. Now next purchase I need  a pumped oil can thinks as I dont want to be spraying.

ProGold is awesome. I get 6,500 miles a chain using it, as measured by a park tool chain gauge.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #81 on: 01 October, 2012, 10:34:13 pm »

ProGold is awesome. I get 6,500 miles a chain using it, as measured by a park tool chain gauge.
Yebbut, how long is your chain & what is your criterion for replacement?

« Reply #82 on: 02 October, 2012, 06:54:12 am »
 ;D