Author Topic: WFH rejig  (Read 63927 times)

Chris N

Re: WFH rejig
« Reply #600 on: 03 February, 2021, 09:27:37 pm »
Pictures of the build when they start please!

Sure. I did ask if I could rig up a timelapse camera, but that went down like a lead balloon!

What have they got to hide?

Can we put a camera in YOUR office, Mrs P?

ian

« Reply #601 on: 03 February, 2021, 09:35:40 pm »
For £20, my webcam is yours for 30 minutes and I accept suggestions.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #602 on: 03 February, 2021, 10:33:40 pm »
Pictures of the build when they start please!

Sure. I did ask if I could rig up a timelapse camera, but that went down like a lead balloon!

What have they got to hide?

Can we put a camera in YOUR office, Mrs P?

Yeah, but that's my office, not someone else's home.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #603 on: 04 February, 2021, 07:09:32 am »
I do have an MVHR being installed though - it filters the air, extracting heat as air is expelled, and warming incoming air. That'll avoid stale air, and I guess running out of oxygen if I stay in there too long!

Top marks, sir!

I bought one 6 years ago, along with the AC. Together, with installation, they were close to €2,000 but they proved to be ideal. Last year they were transferred to in our new place.

Your setup is on a slightly different scale. I have a single room unit being installed, which will be a small 25cm square panel inside the room, likewise on the outside, and the connecting pipe through the SIP. Runs at 11dB in normal usage.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #604 on: 04 February, 2021, 12:47:27 pm »
I have an office and broadband!

It is a bedroom in the new place. Broadband is consistently over 60Mb download, 17 up. that is like warp factor15 compared to previous residence.

Cheap desk from Ikea (manually height adjustable) and two screens.

Absolutely fantastic. so happy and so much less stressed.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #605 on: 04 February, 2021, 12:51:26 pm »
Good news! And nobody else's attempts at music to listen to!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #606 on: 07 February, 2021, 11:42:41 am »
The home office upgrade has had some upgrades and I am properly pleased with them  ;D 

Firstly, the primary workstation has a new 34"monitor...

I have bought a new monitor mount which has dual purposes.  It can serve my personal laptop so I can have extra screens when sat at the primary workstation...

Or I can twizzle it round to serve my new standing desk  :thumbsup: ...

I made the standing desk thingy myself from MDF and Playwood connectors

Ideally I'd like it to be a bit wider but I wanted it to stow away nicely when not in use...

I'm really happy with what I have managed to pack into a small space which is just 2.4m long and 2m wide (ceiling height 2.06m).  The secondary double glazing should arrive next week and then we're done although I keep coming up with new ideas, I'm getting obsessive.

I have already started on the remainder of the garage (a 7m long space), I'm hoping I finish before lockdown does which will herald a welcome return to real life but I won't have as much time to pratt around with my garage!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #607 on: 07 February, 2021, 12:18:14 pm »
OD, it is clear you have planned your home office well and the excellent results are your reward. Well done, indeed!

:-*

BTW, my post contained some errors with the images and links, I have sorted the problems out now.

« Reply #608 on: 07 February, 2021, 01:04:03 pm »
Looking very swish OD, making full use of the space ... which is a necessity on a boat too, which feature a lot in your bookshelf. Unusual to see a bookshelf full of books that aren't aspirational books connected to one's profession.

« Reply #609 on: 07 February, 2021, 02:10:10 pm »
Start to win by Eric Twiname. Great book. Lucky lad to have a copy of that.
Rust never sleeps

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #610 on: 07 February, 2021, 03:04:13 pm »
Very nice :)

« Reply #611 on: 10 February, 2021, 12:52:02 pm »
My new WFH location. Walls, roof and such like arriving next week.

This is an old railway embankment, in use until Beeching decided it was no longer needed.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #612 on: 10 February, 2021, 02:47:26 pm »
Don't think much of the chair!

Fantastic location though, surrounded by trees etc. - it's amazed me just how much additional wildlife I can see and hear just by moving 10 metres closer to the woods behind the house.

Good luck and I hope the weather is kind to your contractors!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #613 on: 13 February, 2021, 12:34:03 pm »

I need to rejig my work from home desk. It's getting a mess, and doesn't scale to having 5 laptops on it at once :(

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Oscar's dad

« Reply #614 on: 13 February, 2021, 01:23:36 pm »
Looking very swish OD, making full use of the space ... which is a necessity on a boat too, which feature a lot in your bookshelf. Unusual to see a bookshelf full of books that aren't aspirational books connected to one's profession.

That's probably cos I haven't got any professional aspirations.  I books on the shelf cover the aspirations I do have  :thumbsup:

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #615 on: 13 February, 2021, 01:58:14 pm »
Last piece of the furniture jigsaw found and purchased.

Unfortunately the wee brother put the network points where this (ok the sockets were already there too) is so it needs to sit out a bit but that's fine.

The 2nd speaker for the evoke was an ebay find I've been wanting for ages just didn't have space for.

All I need now is for IKEA to have the stuff I want in stock to yet the map collection sorted

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #616 on: 13 February, 2021, 02:01:38 pm »
Last piece of the furniture jigsaw found and purchased.

Unfortunately the wee brother put the network points where this (ok the sockets were already there too) is so it needs to sit out a bit but that's fine.

The 2nd speaker for the evoke was an ebay find I've been wanting for ages just didn't have space for.

All I need now is for IKEA to have the stuff I want in stock to yet the map collection sorted

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you using some weird filter, is is there some artifact of the resize that makes these pictures really fuzzy?

J
--

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #617 on: 13 February, 2021, 02:32:14 pm »
It's the cheap skate TapaTalk filter

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #618 on: 13 February, 2021, 05:21:59 pm »
Good looking map shelf!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #619 on: 13 February, 2021, 05:58:27 pm »
Good looking map shelf!

When I get a few more, there are 7th series (both Scottish and GB weird to think as recently as the late 1950s agencies of the British government still treated Scotland and E+W as separate).
I need to consider how to store the Populars (both 1940s and 1920s) and the even older ones as they're currently in those shoe boxes and a big box in the corner.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #620 on: 27 February, 2021, 10:51:41 pm »

Took me nearly 2 months to get all the parts together, but I now have a revised camera setup on my non-work desk. I have a pair of €10 simple tripods, a pair of €9 monopod extensions, these then support a horizontal 600mm long arca-swiss tripod plate. Then 3 arca swiss quick release clamps, one on each tripod, and one for the android device I use as a camera. This works as a gantry that goes across the top of my laptop. I can slide the android device across to change position if I need to. It's also a convenient place to hold a couple of tools.

I'll see in due course how well it works during calls, but I'm really pleased so far.

Photos will follow when my desk is less of a mess...

J
--

« Reply #621 on: 02 March, 2021, 12:26:31 pm »
I bought a standing desk yesterday. a Linak frame with a new top. Will post some pics when it is delivered tomorrow, if I can figure out how.
Looks like a very good price.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/desks/sit-stand-desk-linak-electric-parrallel-drive/1397555590

« Reply #622 on: 17 March, 2021, 05:42:17 pm »
My new WFH studio is nearly complete ... and then the glazing person decided to shatter the glass when replacing a broken lock! So near, yet so far from being able to move in!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #623 on: 17 March, 2021, 05:52:05 pm »
My new WFH studio is nearly complete ... and then the glazing person decided to shatter the glass when replacing a broken lock! So near, yet so far from being able to move in!

Wow, that's the slowest-loading image I've seen since the start of the pandemic.  Is it absolutely enormous, or is it being hosted via an acoustic coupler modem?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #624 on: 17 March, 2021, 06:44:59 pm »
More interestingly I clicked on your image psyclist and it took me to a page featuring adverts picturing young ladies in a state of undress!   ;D