Author Topic: Nocturnal Cat, getting over jetlag  (Read 2903 times)

Nocturnal Cat, getting over jetlag
« on: 06 November, 2022, 12:26:04 pm »
Our Cat sleeps all day and is active in the evening (from about 10pm).  Any tips on how we can shift her active cycle a couple hours forward?
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Re: Nocturnal Cat, getting over jetlag
« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2022, 01:43:34 pm »
Much less hassle if you adjust your hours to suit the cat to be honest!

« Reply #2 on: 06 November, 2022, 02:07:20 pm »
Cats are most active around dusk and dawn. This is natural cat behaviour and there is nothing you can do about it. If it is a problem for you, send the cat outside at these times to go hunting. The cat will show his appreciation for this by leaving you small piles of rodent guts in the house.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2022, 02:16:47 pm »
Like humans, you can wake them up and give them things to do, but left to their own devices their sleep pattern will follow the sunlight.

Ours always used to chase each other round the house between 11pm and 1am.  Wasn't really a problem (I couldn't sleep until about 3am in those days, and my parents would be full of drinkohol) unless you left any neatly stacked papers out.

« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2022, 02:19:33 pm »
The cat will show his appreciation for this by leaving you small piles of rodent guts in the house.
Followed by yowling before sicking up hairballs.

To be serious, I have always tried to get my cats indoors overnight, to reduce the wildlife carnage and the dangers of the road.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #5 on: 06 November, 2022, 03:11:26 pm »
Our pair sleep through the night (and much of the day).