Author Topic: Heart rate  (Read 5541 times)

Re: Heart rate
« Reply #50 on: 13 March, 2021, 04:37:31 pm »
Do you mean Airmid (Android and Apple)? I do sign in to my surgery to order prescriptions etc, and they've had an announcement up on their site for a bit that they are using that app. So I've just installed it to take a look.

Sorry yes AirMid is the app our GP surgery uses. Allows you to submit all sorts of readings. I’ve also added my complete vaccine history to my record as the digital record they had  stopped at 1993.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #51 on: 15 March, 2021, 08:52:40 pm »
How the flock do you guys have such low rates?

We are born that way.

I saw an ECG done on my (non-athlete) mother when she was in her late teens. Her heart rate was below 50.

Oh well.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #52 on: 15 March, 2021, 10:45:21 pm »
How the flock do you guys have such low rates?

We are born that way.

I saw an ECG done on my (non-athlete) mother when she was in her late teens. Her heart rate was below 50.

Oh well.

It really is luck of the draw, I think. It's probably true that most who are drawn to athletic hobbies are relatively naturally suited to them, and have hearts that can shovel a lot of highly oxygenated blood reasonably efficiently. But not all, of course. I'm sure that a comprehensive study will find some exceptional athletes who have relatively high resting HRs but can still deliver the requisite amount of good stuff to the appropriate parts of the body at the right time. But it would also have to be true that, without the training they'd need to be good at what they do, their heart rates would be a lot higher.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #53 on: 16 March, 2021, 05:31:42 pm »
I'm adding anxiety levels as a hope that this affects the heart rate and pressure.