Author Topic: 1st ride today  (Read 4682 times)

Re: 1st ride today
« Reply #25 on: 28 March, 2021, 01:27:24 pm »
Starting uphill and trying to clip in was a challenge!!😭😭

Becoming proficient at pedalling with one foot can help with that.  Means you don't have to rely on the second foot getting up in time when conditions are a bit sketchy.  But you will get better at it with practice.

Going to try MTB shoes, pedals as well before long.  They clip in a bit easier on upright.

« Reply #26 on: 28 March, 2021, 01:55:31 pm »
I find pedalling with the ball of foot/heel until I am past the wobble stage and then consider clipping in.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

LMT

« Reply #27 on: 28 March, 2021, 02:06:10 pm »
Starting uphill and trying to clip in was a challenge!!😭😭

Becoming proficient at pedalling with one foot can help with that.  Means you don't have to rely on the second foot getting up in time when conditions are a bit sketchy.  But you will get better at it with practice.

I'd second the above, providing the hill is not a steep gradient and you are in the right gear, pedalling with one foot is doable for sure.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #28 on: 28 March, 2021, 04:08:10 pm »
I find pedalling with the ball of foot/heel until I am past the wobble stage and then consider clipping in.

^^^ this for me.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #29 on: 28 March, 2021, 05:47:34 pm »

^^^ this for me.

And this.  Moreso since I've switched to ATACs, which are more awkward to clip in than SPDs.