Author Topic: Gratuitous dog pics?  (Read 113042 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Gratuitous dog pics?
« Reply #25 on: 19 August, 2008, 11:40:21 am »
My niece's puppy, feeling a little sorry for himself

Hardly surpising that he's feeling sorry for himself.  He's only got one contact lens in....
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #26 on: 20 August, 2008, 02:02:40 am »
Not surprising he's got all 8ft of Zipperhead leaning over with a mofo of a telephoto lens.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #27 on: 22 November, 2008, 08:24:01 pm »
Ok so this thread needs bumping as requested by TimO.  ;D

I've been trying in vain to take pics of Cam, but she doesn't half make it difficult, and my camera's slow shutter speed doesn't help...

So most of these are blurry. But ne'er mind.

« Reply #28 on: 22 November, 2008, 08:39:27 pm »
LOL, love the first one, she looks happy! :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #29 on: 22 November, 2008, 08:48:10 pm »
Thanks.  :) I think she is. You can see her black tongue in the first one, which belies her Chow genes...

Having demanded a walk the minute I walked through the door today, Cam is now satisfied and snoring in her bed  :thumbsup:

« Reply #30 on: 22 November, 2008, 09:29:49 pm »
Seems to have settled in well  :)

This is what makes me sad when I hear of dogs being mistreated - they don't ask for much, do they? Comfortable place to live, food, and walks.

« Reply #31 on: 22 November, 2008, 10:09:25 pm »

This is what makes me sad when I hear of dogs being mistreated - they don't ask for much, do they? Comfortable place to live, food, and walks.

I completely agree. And certainly with all the dogs I've had, you get back way more than you put in. Cam is no exception.

« Reply #32 on: 01 December, 2008, 09:58:05 pm »
I am trying to get Cam to tolerate the family dog, Bernie so we can all stay at my mum's for Xmas.

Unfortunately she doesn't really like him 'in her face' so to speak and growls and barks when he attempts to sniff her whereupon I pull her away to stop things escalating. She would ignore him if she would ignore her but he doesn't want to ignore her...Xmas could be interesting. Both dogs are neutered so it's nothing like that...and Bernie's an old man, bless him.

They can be in the same room together, as this photo illustrates. If they are both on leads. Which is something, but not a long-term solution.

Now I know how my mum felt when I was attempting to kill my sister when we were kids  :-\

« Reply #33 on: 01 December, 2008, 10:19:38 pm »
With dogs isn't it all about the relative rank?  Presumably if things are going correctly, as far as Cam is concerned you are the pack leader, and presumably for your Mums dog, she is the pack leader.  How they then sort things out when you are all together is going to be, erm, more complex I guess.

What little I know about it is that when you introduce a new dog to an existing dog, you have to show them that you are the boss, and they do what you want them to, but how does this work if there are two bosses? (ie you and your Mum)

I think I'll stick with Talisker, he's complex enough to understand. ;D

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #34 on: 01 December, 2008, 10:43:56 pm »

You should see my hound when he's in "spoilt brat" mode. He's forever asking for stuff. We have these lovely (to him) chewey things which Mrs. Wow buys at the Southend Market on a Thursday. They are kept on a shelf above his bed and he's frequently to be found sitting looking up at them, pointing with his nose, and then squeaking at the nearest person asking them to provide.

We play games with him in which he has to sit in one room and then we hide one in a different room. He then sniffs it out. I sometimes do this with liver cake when we are on walks. He loves it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #35 on: 01 December, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »
As I live in a small, high altitude flat I'm not allowed pets, if I was, I'm really a cat person anyway.  My parents however love dogs. These are the latest members of the family.

Meet Annie....

and Morgan....

Both very young, and both from rescue centres.  Annie is lovely, although she goes berserk when I turn up in riding gear, it must be the h**met.  Morgan is very excitable still, and is always jumping up on people. I'm just hoping he'll calm down.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #36 on: 01 December, 2008, 11:13:34 pm »
With dogs isn't it all about the relative rank?  Presumably if things are going correctly, as far as Cam is concerned you are the pack leader, and presumably for your Mums dog, she is the pack leader.  How they then sort things out when you are all together is going to be, erm, more complex I guess.

What little I know about it is that when you introduce a new dog to an existing dog, you have to show them that you are the boss, and they do what you want them to, but how does this work if there are two bosses? (ie you and your Mum)

I think I'll stick with Talisker, he's complex enough to understand. ;D

Cam shows some signs of thinking I'm the pack leader. When she growled at him, I told her no and got hold of her, and as I grabbed her she rolled onto her back in the classic submissive pose. Bernie is also submissive to me (I originally trained him when we got him as a naughty rescue dog when I still lived at home, and he does what I tell him to) and she can see this. But she still cannot abide him sniffing her. So she cannot truly believe I am pack leader or she wouldn't dare have a go at him; she'd trust me to protect her. Or so the theory goes. I believe she is what is known as a dominant bitch  ::-)

« Reply #37 on: 01 December, 2008, 11:14:48 pm »
And I like the look of Annie and Morgan; I like big dogs.

« Reply #38 on: 02 December, 2008, 12:25:54 am »
They do look like a smashing pair of dogs.  I like cats and dogs, but realistically there's no way I could have a dog like that, it would dismantle the house out of boredom when I was at work. ;D

I'll have to make the best of my insane small black furry friend, who'll take himself off for walks when I'm at work, and also live vicariously through threads like this. :)

annie

« Reply #39 on: 02 December, 2008, 05:16:17 pm »
Ohhhh cuteness.  Annie is very sweet.  Morgan looks like a handsome brute.

« Reply #40 on: 03 December, 2008, 12:39:54 pm »
Belle, at the rescue centre:

And earlier this summer...

« Reply #41 on: 03 December, 2008, 01:02:33 pm »
Aww...the little pink paw pads on the first one. She looks lovely.

Have bought the dogs' Xmas presents (large, hard chew-type things that will keep them busy for a small part of Xmas day). I may wrap them if I am feeling silly, the dogs like being given permission to rip stuff open.

Haven't got around to buying any other bugger presents yet, but as long as the dogs are catered for...

« Reply #42 on: 03 December, 2008, 01:10:33 pm »
I love the first couple of cute puppy pictures. :thumbsup:  She's certainly grown a bit between those and the last one, her legs look much longer in that one.

That does remind me that I need to get Sam, my brothers thoroughly badly behaved, but lovable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, some sort of toy that he can chase after on walks.  I gained major brownie points a few years back with a small wheel on a rope that he loved to chase after.

« Reply #43 on: 03 December, 2008, 05:03:18 pm »
I love the first couple of cute puppy pictures. :thumbsup:  She's certainly grown a bit between those and the last one, her legs look much longer in that one.

That does remind me that I need to get Sam, my brothers thoroughly badly behaved, but lovable Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, some sort of toy that he can chase after on walks.  I gained major brownie points a few years back with a small wheel on a rope that he loved to chase after.

We get all our dog toys from Lidl, great selection and the prices are just pennies compared to Sainsbury's etc....tennis balls from the Pound Shop, you can sometimes get 5 in a tube for a pound.

« Reply #44 on: 03 December, 2008, 05:15:41 pm »
I forget that most normal dogs have toys. Bernie doesn't have many toys because of the systematic way in which he destroys them. When we bought him home from the rescue (when I was still living at home) he pounced on the various toys that we had lovingly furnished him with, and one by one, took them apart, ate them and vomited them up. It was just lovely.

(He does still have one to play tug with, but we take it off him when he's not playing tug to stop him eating it)

Cam has a Kong that she is much taken with.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #45 on: 03 December, 2008, 05:26:11 pm »
I forget that most normal dogs have toys. Bernie doesn't have many toys because of the systematic way in which he destroys them. When we bought him home from the rescue (when I was still living at home) he pounced on the various toys that we had lovingly furnished him with, and one by one, took them apart, ate them and vomited them up. It was just lovely.

(He does still have one to play tug with, but we take it off him when he's not playing tug to stop him eating it)

Cam has a Kong that she is much taken with.

That reminds me of my parents old neighbours dog. She would tear anything up that resembled a dog toy - especially the "tough - resistant to chewing" ones.

She took a shine to a 10kg dumbell one day, and from then on would refuse point blank to sleep anywhere the dumbell wasn't ;D

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

DanialW

« Reply #46 on: 06 December, 2008, 11:36:52 pm »
**adds avatar to list**

Buster, AKA Monster, AKA big stinkums, AKA little shit, is a 14 yr old mutt I found wandering the streets of Chapeltown, Leeds, when he was just a pup.

He's a bit deaf now, and coughs lots, but still goes hell for leather at the postman.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #47 on: 08 December, 2008, 01:31:22 pm »
Upside Down Dogs

Loads of quite ridiculous pictures of inane canines. ;D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #48 on: 24 December, 2008, 09:42:36 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

annie

« Reply #49 on: 24 December, 2008, 10:21:58 pm »
This was taken last night

Think I prefer it in sepia though