Author Topic: PBP Registration website  (Read 86974 times)

Halloween

• It's party time....
PBP Registration website
« on: 13 January, 2019, 11:32:00 pm »
I have signed up for an account and filled in details but it says my profile is only 90% complete and won't let me do anything else - anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Re: PBP Registration website
« Reply #1 on: 13 January, 2019, 11:35:32 pm »
Looks like it's crashed under the strain.

I managed to get my pre-registration in, but now can't check it ...

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2019, 12:01:46 am »
There was a problem earlier with the D.O.B field returning rubbish but it stopped. I missed a couple of boxes the first run through. Bit clunky, but now done and got the early 90 hour slot I wanted. And so to bed and dream of chasing tandems. :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 14 January, 2019, 06:55:31 am »
I have signed up for an account and filled in details but it says my profile is only 90% complete and won't let me do anything else - anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

I think that it said 90% complete for me before I selected my club.

« Reply #4 on: 14 January, 2019, 07:38:27 am »
I'm in, Sunday 1830.  Missing the first two groups was worth the extra beauty sleep...  ;D

The headscratcher for me was being asked for 'Entry Number' to start payment.  I had no idea (maybe I'd missed it but don't think so) so used the back button (website not browser) and promptly got dumped at the start... Bugger!!!  Started again and immediately taken to a screen with the Entry Number (PBP-1017) and option to pay... Phew!!!  Paid OK (no other option than via PayPal it seems) and job's a good'un  :thumbsup:

I think that it said 90% complete for me before I selected my club.
Same here I believe and certainly adding the club immediately found my results, inc. the valuable 1000k.  Results previous to joining that club are under 'Audax UK' and had to be found by manual entering the ACP Validation (Homologation) Number from an event.  Doing so once then pulled in all remaining results; nice.

Smeth

« Reply #5 on: 14 January, 2019, 08:14:25 am »
I  see they've apparently added a further 100 places per time slot to the original 200. There are now places at 1800 again, 26 left, with 40-odd at 1815 and loads at the other times.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: 14 January, 2019, 09:42:06 am »
The headscratcher for me was being asked for 'Entry Number' to start payment.  I had no idea (maybe I'd missed it but don't think so) so used the back button (website not browser) and promptly got dumped at the start... Bugger!!!  Started again and immediately taken to a screen with the Entry Number (PBP-1017) and option to pay... Phew!!!  Paid OK (no other option than via PayPal it seems) and job's a good'un  :thumbsup:

I found the same, you're asked to confirm the Entry Number you're paying for without being told the number itself.

At this point it's safe to select the back / home icon on the PBP website and go to the Registrations section again. The pre-registration you just created will be waiting there.

I'm in for an 18.15 start. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the BRM SR series now.

rob

« Reply #7 on: 14 January, 2019, 09:49:31 am »
I  see they've apparently added a further 100 places per time slot to the original 200. There are now places at 1800 again, 26 left, with 40-odd at 1815 and loads at the other times.

Great.....I chose 18:30 as the first 2 groups were full when I logged on at 7am.

I managed to move groups after I'd qualified last time round so it doesn't matter that much.

« Reply #8 on: 14 January, 2019, 10:42:56 am »

Also 'upgraded' to a 1800 start.  20 places left at 1030.  Thx for the heads-up Smeth  :thumbsup:

rob

« Reply #9 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:06:49 am »

Also 'upgraded' to a 1800 start.  20 places left at 1030.  Thx for the heads-up Smeth  :thumbsup:

Brilliant.  Just moved to 18:00 as well.

« Reply #10 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:34:23 am »
well I'm stuck at the 'enter your address' details page.
and have been all morning

any tips?

thanks

simonp

« Reply #11 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:48:44 am »
Can I sign up yet to watch the early slots all disappear or do I have to wait until my pre-reg 400k group?

Also is it full yet?

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #12 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:59:49 am »
Signed up for 18.30 start.

7 months to get my fitness to the required level.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #13 on: 14 January, 2019, 12:02:52 pm »
ah! its ok I only did a 600 last year so ill have to wait 10 days

thanks

ian

« Reply #14 on: 14 January, 2019, 03:21:18 pm »

Just chin scratching here as riding partner can enter now... and I have to wait for the 600km entries... presumably just luck if the time slot that she enters is full by next week ?

« Reply #15 on: 14 January, 2019, 08:32:57 pm »
For what it's worth, I only did a 600 last year so am waiting for the 28th but I went on the site and created my account with all the details.  Click save at every section and once you get to 100% it lets you on the "Registration" tab.  *I think* all I have to do now is enter my brevet number from the 600 and away I go... Will save faffing on the 28th if nothing else...

Ben T

« Reply #16 on: 14 January, 2019, 09:20:54 pm »

I found the same, you're asked to confirm the Entry Number you're paying for without being told the number itself.

At this point it's safe to select the back / home icon on the PBP website and go to the Registrations section again. The pre-registration you just created will be waiting there.

I'm in for an 18.15 start. :thumbsup: Looking forward to the BRM SR series now.

Same thing happened with mine, click back and the reg no was there with a "paying" button.
(NB the reg no isn't the same for everybody so don't copy the one above!)
It's a test, really, to weed out those who don't stick at it - if you can't fathom your way round an idiosyncratic French website they don't want you in  ;)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #17 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:23:57 pm »
What's the payment screen like?
And is it obvious which payment system they are using?
Asking for technical reasons (i.e. I've got some Euros on a currency card that cost me less than the current exchange rate)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #18 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:29:21 pm »
To Quote myself...

Fuck, that was Hard Work.  That has to be the most horrible website I've ever used!

It took 4 attempts to get My Account details to save. It kept blanking them out when I clicked Save!
This meant my profile was stuck at 10% complete and I couldnt proceed.
It changed languages between English and French pretty much randomly.
The payment page didnt populate the entry ID number, and it took some to-ing and fro-ing to get that to work.

But yes, the payment page has a blank drop-down which is not populated with anything.
You cannot proceed to pay because of this.

It seems to take a random amount of using the web-page back and forth options to make this option populate.
It's a Totally Crap website!

Smeth

« Reply #19 on: 14 January, 2019, 11:30:52 pm »
What's the payment screen like?
And is it obvious which payment system they are using?
Asking for technical reasons (i.e. I've got some Euros on a currency card that cost me less than the current exchange rate)

Paypal.
Here's are the numbers for the deposit:

From amount   £28.23 GBP
To amount   €30.00 EUR
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.06287 EUR

« Reply #20 on: 15 January, 2019, 08:40:07 am »
The website certainly has a retro feel to, but I eventually managed to create an account and pre-register. I've opted for group Z again, starting at 0530 on the Monday morning as this should give me the least night riding, assuming I finish on Wednesday afternoon or evening.

bairn again

« Reply #21 on: 15 January, 2019, 09:20:23 am »
I have created an account without any issues and await the 11 Feb when pre-registration opens for 400's.    Im pretty ambivalent about start times (slight preference for one of the later 90 hr groups but will take what I'm given). 

Sounds like paying is fun!   :o 

« Reply #22 on: 15 January, 2019, 05:00:32 pm »
I have created an account without any issues and await the 11 Feb when pre-registration opens for 400's.    Im pretty ambivalent about start times (slight preference for one of the later 90 hr groups but will take what I'm given). 

Same as me. I will also have to wait for the 400's. Happy to take a later slot. Account created and my qualifying 400 is shown so that should be ok.

« Reply #23 on: 15 January, 2019, 05:17:11 pm »
Oddly if I try to register, the longest BRM form is pre-filled with the number 103167, which is someone else's 600 (I only have a 400).

« Reply #24 on: 15 January, 2019, 05:50:02 pm »
Oddly if I try to register, the longest BRM form is pre-filled with the number 103167, which is someone else's 600 (I only have a 400).

What year is that 600?

When I registered with my 600 it came up with a choice of two with the same number, nut the other one was 2015 and for what looked like a Finish audax.