Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 275113 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Just finished dinner and casually checked the rain radar.
SHIT!  Dog walk. NOW!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

So,how wet did you get then? ;D
the slower you go the more you see

Basil

• Help me!
So,how wet did you get then? ;D

Not wet at all.  Thanks to the knowledge of what was coming, we made it round in time.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Dunno what the temp is but I just took the bike round the block to check the gears and came back dripping. Now tipping down cold Badoit in cool office.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
It's nearly 24 degrees indoors already.  High 20s outside and heading for low 30s this afternoon.  Despite my best efforts to cool the house overnight, it never went below 19 outside.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

ian

Yesterday, I had the bright idea of breaking up my day by mowing the lawns. That was hot work. Doubly so because I decided to do next door's frontage, which looked like a small patch of lawn, but actually is a bit bigger in practice.

Also, it's on a fairly steep slope. Damnable altruism.

Anyway, 1.5 hours and 42 litres of sweat later.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Although it's pretty warm here, i think the proximity of the sea has kept our temperature a bit lower than inland areas. Maximum of 27°C yesterday. It has already hit that this morning.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

My house is in a terrace that's aligned roughly north-south - the front bedroom and the reception rooms downstairs are averaging around 27C, while the back room upstairs is around 30C.

I might as well go for a bike ride to cool off...   ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Heat, as the poet sang, won't flow from a colder to a hotter.  Except in the case of the PC in the Great Hall which, according to CoreTemp, is maintaining 16 degrees internally when idle.  If it was 16 degrees in here I'd have the heating on.

I accuse CoreTemp of Johnsonism!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

My house is in a terrace that's aligned roughly north-south - the front bedroom and the reception rooms downstairs are averaging around 27C, while the back room upstairs is around 30C.

I might as well go for a bike ride to cool off...   ;D

My current “office” is in a 1970’s west facing flat roofed extension. And it houses the airing cupboard.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
My office is part of the ex-garage, single skinned brick wall that I did not insulate as it's barely wide enough for the desk and shelves as it is.  It has an east-facing window and the door to the back garden which is glass full height.  In winter I can be in two pairs of socks with a fan heater, today I was wearing a pair of shorts with both window and door open and sweating my ar$e off.

I went into the garden at lunchtime and mowed the lawn to cool off
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Dark skies and (feeble) rain here now  :thumbsup: with the occasional rumble, which my lightning tracker tells me are mostly Kentish.

nicknack

• Hornblower
Dark skies and (feeble) rain here now  :thumbsup: with the occasional rumble, which my lightning tracker tells me are mostly Kentish.
Indeed they are. Woke me up.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

ian

Also over my house (by the North Downs) about 5am.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
It passed over here about an hour ago: lots of rain, a bit of wind, a good serving of flashes.  God was rolling his wheelie bins about up yonder but didn't drop any deck chairs (do they still exist?)  Then the power blipped out and back and I discovered that my USP isn't any more, drat.  Another good flash and the smoke alarm I'd put a battery in a few days ago emitted three beeps then shut up. EMP maybe.

Quietish with the odd rumble now. Temperature has dropped from 32° to 19°. Nice.

Basil

• Help me!
Just checking the forecast as I'm a little worried about barakta and Kim who will obviously be queuing in the Country Girl car park at 6am tomorrow.   ;)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Fingers crossed.  Might have to take our chances with the Bristol Pear if it's pish...   :P

It's cold, grey wet & windy.   To cheer us up the Internet tells me we'll have the remnants of a tropical storm arriving in a few days as well. 

https://www.severe-weather.eu/tropical-weather/depression-bermuda-heads-ireland-mk/
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Video on Twitter showing tree coming down yesterday at a junction in Ealing:

https://twitter.com/JonBall/status/1279827561628000257?s=20

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
It was on the BBC Londonton News last night too.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
31°. Just put a fan on for the first time this year.

The central heating came on this morning.

This morning, around 9:30, I went out into the garden. For a few minutes the atmosphere reminded me of early autumn Sunday mornings in the Midi, when all to be heard is the echo of shotguns and the ringing of church bells.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
I'm not surprised someone's shooting at them. Bloody noisy things.

Basil

• Help me!
Hurrumph. A drizzley morning is not as advertised.   >:(