Author Topic: Tent pics...  (Read 217189 times)

Re: Tent pics...
« Reply #350 on: 01 August, 2012, 10:37:50 pm »
It's a nice tent, and I had wanted to have a closer look, but didn't quite get round to coming over to look.

Not the sort of tent I prefer, but I can see it has a lot of good qualities.

My tent is your tent. Feel free to visit next time you are around  :)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #351 on: 03 April, 2013, 08:43:44 pm »
For a cold Easter, and a none-too-mobile Butterfly, we decided on a larger tent - Outwell Oregon 3

It was rather bulky to pack...

Getting there...

LindaG

« Reply #352 on: 03 April, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
Aww doesn't she look beautiful!

What tent?

« Reply #353 on: 04 April, 2013, 10:07:59 am »
great to see you both camping  :thumbsup:. whereabouts did you go ?.
the slower you go the more you see

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #354 on: 04 April, 2013, 10:58:08 am »
We were at the Millennium Hall in Upton Bishop with the ALC.  It's not an official campsite.  That's only our second camp this year, as, though we got to Winchcombe Clubsite in January, we didn't get to Bewdley for the next one.

We're not going to the ALC meet in Saxmundham in May, for logistical, financial and maternity reasons, but Butterfly is hoping to get Gladys to his/her first night under canvas at Watlington in July, about a month after the due date.  I might ride, but Butterfly will likely get a lift from the train.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #355 on: 06 April, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »
Not ours, but a classic Dutch one from last weekend:

The middle section is removable.
Getting there...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #356 on: 06 April, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »
* Kim adds "plastic oil tanks" to the list of things that ruin a perfectly good B&W photograph

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #357 on: 06 April, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »
Yeah.  But no one would help me move it.  Nor yet was David willing to repitch his tent to somewhere more picturesque.  Some people are utterly unreasonable, I tell you.
Getting there...

LeFlic

• Retired and enjoying it!
    • Somer Valley Cycling Club
« Reply #358 on: 15 May, 2013, 05:15:39 pm »

This was our first weekend with this - Robens Osprey 3X. It is probably a bit too heavy and a bit too bulky but we appreciated the space inside especially when it was raining.

IMGP0026 by clive795, on Flickr

I now have an old groundsheet which I have cut to fit inside the porch which will be an improvement.

« Reply #359 on: 31 May, 2013, 10:53:43 am »

This is the opposite of 'Fully laden touring bike' photo:

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=61057.msg1487092#msg1487092

Wash and rest day - the tent under the sleeping bag is a Vango Banshee 200

LEE

« Reply #360 on: 31 May, 2013, 02:51:27 pm »
This was our first weekend with this - Robens Osprey 3X. It is probably a bit too heavy and a bit too bulky but we appreciated the space inside especially when it was raining.

In my opinion that's worth the weight & bulk.

I bought a similar looking Vango Spirit because I can't think of anything worse than being cramped in a tiny tent when the rain sets in.

« Reply #361 on: 01 June, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »
We (me and no. 1 son) had our first try at camping last night. Our tent is a Wild Country Hoolie 3, and we bought the footprint / groundsheet protector which extends into the porch. Like most 3-man tents, it's a bit too cosy for 3, but reasonably spacious for 2. It weighs about 3kg which is not too bad for the price, and fits well on the top of the pannier rack when packed away.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #362 on: 01 June, 2013, 08:03:45 pm »
Great pic of Russell junior. Looks like he's hooked.

« Reply #363 on: 01 June, 2013, 08:23:45 pm »
Fab picture :thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

LEE

« Reply #364 on: 20 June, 2013, 08:34:32 pm »
Here's my "Vango TDS Spirit 200+"
It's fundamentally a 6'2" sleeping berth, genuinely wide enough for 2 people and a 5'6" porch (a six footer could possibly sleep diagonally in the porch..just, but it would be draughty).

Here I am reclining in the porch on a Thermarest chair (it looks uncomfy but they are more comfortable than you can imagine)

And here are me, Keeks and Urban_Biker, back at mine, all in the porch, with wine, sheltering from the wind and cool night air.

If it's warm and dry weather then you don't really need this much space but, if you have to sit out a rainy day or so, I think it would be a luxurious option.

DaleFTW

« Reply #365 on: 22 June, 2013, 06:05:57 pm »

Yesterday.

LindaG

« Reply #366 on: 22 June, 2013, 06:13:59 pm »
Dale - lovely.

« Reply #367 on: 22 June, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »
Interesting tent - what is it?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

DaleFTW

« Reply #368 on: 22 June, 2013, 06:33:55 pm »
A Luxe Mini Peak II.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rjR4XOrZQrk&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rjR4XOrZQrk&rel=1</a>

It's a great good little tent. Can fit my bike in the porch too at a squeeze (sans front wheel).

Is that link working? It's a youtube video, but only a url link...

sas

• Penguin power
    • My Flickr Photos
« Reply #369 on: 22 June, 2013, 10:59:08 pm »

No bike on this occasion.
I am nothing and should be everything

DaleFTW

« Reply #370 on: 23 June, 2013, 11:11:52 am »
Just found another photo on my phone. This is with both doors open.

I had both doors open as I'd set the tent up with the main door facing away from the wind. This handily provided some shelter for the midge/greenfly. Opened the back door and the breeze kept them off.

PH

« Reply #371 on: 23 June, 2013, 11:35:51 am »
From a frosty morning in the Scottish Borders last month.  My one and only tent, TN Solar 2.2, resisting the N+1 urge as I haven't found anything else I like as much.

« Reply #372 on: 06 July, 2013, 08:10:06 am »
Not ours but we did rent it last weekend.

Water bottle included for scale.

« Reply #373 on: 06 July, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »
In Sedrun in Switzerland headed for the Furka Pass eventually.

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #374 on: 15 July, 2013, 10:07:22 pm »
Since I wasn't geared up to join LeeW and Fards for the HPV Worlds last month, I went to York Marine at the weekend instead to try out my tent and generally get the heck away from work for not nearly long enough a short time.  Although there were quite a few bikes on site, I was the only person who'd actually arrived on one.  ::-)

Yes, it's bit wrinkled, but it's taut and looked like that every time I've pitched it.  Nothing very special, really; it's Decathlon's Quechua T2 Ultralight pro—for small values of 'pro', since it cost about 20% of a Hilleberg Akto.  But it weighs 1.8kg including the bag, the pegs and my homemade peg hoiker-outer.  The pole fits onto an aluminium prong at each end, which is a worse task than fitting Stelvios onto a Moulton rim.

The venting isn't too much to write home about, but the tail end is permanently open with about half a square foot of mesh on the vertical face.  Not brill if the wind turns and blows the rain in horizontally I suppose, but it was 30°C with no wind whatsoever.  There's a largeish strip of mesh at the top of the inner tent's door, and a similar strip of mesh under the central pole bit on the flysheet.  I noticed some minor condensation on the inside of the flysheet's doors in the morning but that was about all.  The roughly shaped groundsheet is half a Wickes dustsheet and might last me another outing.  The T2 is just long enough for me, with my head against the inner door; I wasn't bothered about that from a comfort or claustrophobia perspective, but on one occasion I did manage to zip the door shut and catch my hair in the process.

Then a bit of cookery with the Express Spider, which went well until I decided to pour some of my dinner onto my leg instead of onto my plate.  The stove makes an encouragingly hearty roar and boils water efficiently.

Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".