Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by Vernon on Today at 10:44:05 am »
We installed a warmup mat under the tiles in the bathroom in our house in Portsmouth. It was about 2.5 square metres and used about 200w. We laid a flat cement tile under floor on the floor boards, laid the mat in a layer of screed and the tiles on top. The floor was 1cm or so higher, but the door sill hid all that. We nogged the floor joists from below to make sure absolutely nothing moved, but it depends on your floor. We had a sparky connect it to the heater controller.
I can thoroughly recommend it for warm feet, dry towels and a dry bathroom.
Anyone else on YACF also taking part in NorthCape 4000 this year?
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 10:38:07 am »
Nice one. It’s a Date. I’ll wear my jersey which looks like a Heineken advert. My Name is Derek but everyone calls Me Del. I look forward to it.
Cyclo park: Are we meeting at the Wrotham Rd Entrance please?

Excellent. Good luck.

QG makes a fair point about gate keeping, and I hope my earlier comments haven't come across as discouraging - I completely agree with what jsabine said, that your ambition to ride 25km is perfectly reasonable and achievable, and a good stepping stone to audax distances. I do think you'll be a LOT better off doing it on the road rather than the track though (Kim has spelt out the reasons), so it's great that BP is able to support you on that score.

Btw, if you want a training target to aim for, I have an audax event starting near Herne Bay in September, with 110km, 160km and 200km distances.  :)
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 10:37:34 am »
Sand In My Joints ~ Wire
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:33:45 am »
I've Got Sand In My Shoes - The Drifters
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:28:38 am »
Wordle 1,044 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 10:28:25 am »
Rockaway Beach ~ Ramones
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 10:27:13 am »
Another week, another piece of Super-Twattery by Reform's pet simpleton Lee Anderthal, whose latest “I wunt are cuntry bak” video illustrates the “Industrial Revolution” with a clip of sturdy working-class chaps building Model T Fords, for a racist and anti-semite.  At his factory in Highland Park.  Michigan.  USAnia.
First Bryan for me.... let's talk about food.
I got around LEL and PBP because of the availability of HOT and quick food.
(Actually not so quick on PBP but that's for another day)

To the people with experience (!) what did you eat? garages? Greg's?! where, what, when? all the details please!
This is a make or break factor for me.
Thanks a lot in advance

I'm not riding this year, and haven't ridden the event for over a decade, but looking at the route I'd say it all hinges on your speed and whether you attempt the ride without a sleep stop. If you do then the garage in Newtown is what you need to know about, although it looks like it's not 24 hr anymore. Tesco garage is open until midnight.

If you do sleep, then I'd be eating at Menai and picking up some food to eat on the bike on the return loop south of Barmouth.

Otherwise you pass through plenty of towns with cafés and shops.  A googlemap search of a town for cafes will offer up opening hours and sometimes menus and prices. Cafes do tend to come and go.

As long as you carry some food to eat between controls then it isn't a ride I'd be worrying about for food availability.
The Pub / Re: Confessions of a tool junkie
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 10:07:48 am »
I need to go and measure my current secateurs to decide which size Okatsune to get (I'm assuming the small), but they're in the shed and it's raining.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10