Author Topic: Paul Kimmage on Lance Armstrong (again)  (Read 7725 times)

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
Re: Paul Kimmage on Lance Armstrong (again)
« Reply #25 on: 23 January, 2011, 06:08:01 pm »
LA is the most tested athlete in the history of sport. He's either squeaky clean or he's so lucky that he should win the lottery every day even though it's only run once a week!!!

I believe the former to be true.  :smug:

Sure he takes drugs, testosterone especially, but so would you if you'd had your bollocks removed!!

Paul Kimmage comes across in his book as a second rate cyclist who believes he is so much better than he actually is and says that everyone else is cheating to make up for his own inadequacies.
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #26 on: 23 January, 2011, 06:15:28 pm »
He isn't even the most tested cyclist, let alone the most tested athlete in history. Tie that up with payments to the UCI and conflicts of interest with the USADA and have a think about what might happen to any positive results. Armstrong has already collected a TUE after testing positive, EPO in his 1999 TdF B-samples (good enough for his EPO doping schedule to be determined), plenty of teammates and support staff reporting his using PEDs.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #27 on: 23 January, 2011, 06:19:07 pm »
He isn't even the most tested cyclist, let alone the most tested athlete in history. Tie that up with payments to the UCI and conflicts of interest with the USADA and have a think about what might happen to any positive results. Armstrong has already collected a TUE after testing positive, EPO in his 1999 TdF B-samples (good enough for his EPO doping schedule to be determined), plenty of teammates and support staff reporting his using PEDs.
Prove it!
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #28 on: 23 January, 2011, 06:22:18 pm »
Got an hour to spare? Spend it on The Clinic - CyclingNews Forum and then ask me again.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #29 on: 16 February, 2011, 12:40:46 pm »
Prove it!

So who is the most tested athlete..? - CyclingNews Forum

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #30 on: 16 February, 2011, 01:12:54 pm »
I got bored reading that, so went straight to the swimsuit section  :P

Blimmin hell, some of those must be made of kevlar!!

« Reply #31 on: 17 February, 2011, 08:45:05 am »
Just had a little tot up. Looking at LA's last Tour win in 05, out of the 19 people behind him in the final GC, half of them were later busted for doping offences (or similar eg Rasmussen). Half of them!

I think it is safe to assume that their failed tests were not the result of a one-off attempt at doping, and therefore they had successfully eluded other tests. Perhaps it is safe to assume that the other half of the 05 GC includes some who remained lucky.