Author Topic: Stansted Airport Express 100km 5th December 2020  (Read 1901 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Stansted Airport Express 100km 5th December 2020
« on: 12 October, 2020, 07:04:31 pm »
Number #2 of the ACME Winter Series is now in the AUK calendar, but with an 'entries open' date of 9th November. I'll be waiting to see how other events go ...

Some details of the start and facilities to be sorted out, but a 50 rider limit and very x-rated, with infos all the way round, but plenty of shops, pubs and cafes along the route.

ACME members can pre-enter by emailing me to register their interest.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Stansted Airport Express 100km 5th December 2020
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2020, 12:26:50 am »
Number #2 of the ACME Winter Series is now in the AUK calendar, but with an 'entries open' date of 9th November. I'll be waiting to see how other events go ...

Some details of the start and facilities to be sorted out, but a 50 rider limit and very x-rated, with infos all the way round, but plenty of shops, pubs and cafes along the route.

ACME members can pre-enter by emailing me to register their interest.

:thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2020, 04:47:06 pm »
Hi Tomsk

Do you offer gpx validation (potentially for an ECE)?

Thank you

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2020, 07:26:02 pm »
Hi Tomsk

Thank you

Nope, sorry!

« Reply #4 on: 23 October, 2020, 07:03:54 am »

You can of course use gpx validation for the ECE portion of the ride, which a number of us do on the ACME winter series rides. Then just use the brevet card completion for the Stansted Airport Express itself, which should be straightforward.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 23 October, 2020, 02:19:39 pm »

You can of course use gpx validation for the ECE portion of the ride, which a number of us do on the ACME winter series rides. Then just use the brevet card completion for the Stansted Airport Express itself, which should be straightforward.

I think it's fairly straight-forwardly explained on the ECE page of audax.uk, as much as any Audax rule or regulation is easy to get your head around! It doesn't specifically say you can mix gpx and conventional proof-of-passage though.

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #6 on: 23 October, 2020, 04:48:03 pm »
If it helps, I ride the 100k exactly as I would a standalone event (with paper PoP per Tomsk's comments upthread), so from Tomsk's perspective, you're just riding the 100k as normal and he has no visibility of the ECE part. In parallel, I submit an ECE mandatory route covering the whole ride (ECE + calendar) as I intend to ride it. You can then use the GPX for the whole day's riding (e.g. 200k) which should be validated as the ECE part.

It possibly sounds a little convoluted, but in fact it's pretty straightforward and easy to do, although I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me that I've not been doing it right, or have missed something  :facepalm:

« Reply #7 on: 23 October, 2020, 07:00:50 pm »
I do similar to Bernster, but I only submit my ECE mandatory route in advance. This is generally for 100km+, which gets me to and back from the calendar event.

On the day I have 2 tracks on my gps device, the ECE track and the calendar ride track. I don't bother trying to merge them.

After the ride I submit the GPX covering the whole ride for validation. I've never had an issue doing it this way. The ECE bit is presumably validated against the relevant bits of the full ride.

The calendar ride is obviously validated using the brevet, and as Bernster advises, the organiser of the calendar event does not need to have any involvement in the ECE admin.

rob

« Reply #8 on: 23 October, 2020, 08:37:28 pm »
I was thinking of ECEing these but it seems a little complex.

« Reply #9 on: 23 October, 2020, 09:07:34 pm »

The ECE bit is not really any different from riding a DIY by GPS. Enter via the ECE button on the calendar page on AUK website, and from there submitting the track you're going to follow for the ECE, and the completed GPX afterwards, are pretty much what you would do if doing a DIY.

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass
« Reply #10 on: 24 October, 2020, 08:21:21 am »

I think it's fairly straight-forwardly explained on the ECE page of audax.uk, as much as any Audax rule or regulation is easy to get your head around! It doesn't specifically say you can mix gpx and conventional proof-of-passage though.

no problem mixing paper calendar with GPS ECE validation which is in effect what almost all riders do, the only times they are both required as gpx files are:

if the ECE is underdistance to take advantage of an overdistance calendar event (in this case the ECE must be ridden as mandatory route but the calendar just needs to meet the actual distance and is advisory route)

and /or if you require extra AAA for the ECE which is unlikely for this region!

You can still record the track of both bits and most riders do this so I receive a nice eg 200km distance track even though the calendar organiser doesn't need to see it

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass
« Reply #11 on: 24 October, 2020, 08:22:52 am »

Almost all riders find ECEs very simple to organise and enter, ley me know your concerns and I'll try to alleviate them  :)

rob

« Reply #12 on: 24 October, 2020, 12:32:28 pm »

Almost all riders find ECEs very simple to organise and enter, ley me know your concerns and I'll try to alleviate them  :)

To be fair I did my first ever DIY by GPS this year.  Let me have a proper read and come back to you.  Thanks.