Author Topic: etrex 30 Reverse Route  (Read 1819 times)

GdS

• I have come here to chew carrots and kick ass
etrex 30 Reverse Route
« on: 28 August, 2020, 09:57:26 am »
it's just not there on mine, if i go to Route Planner and select the route I only have options to View Map, Elevation Plot Change Name or Delete Route.

can't see anywhere to set up this feature  ???

I had to reverse the route on Basecamp and rename it but would like to be able to do it while out

JStone

• E=112
Re: etrex 30 Reverse Route
« Reply #1 on: 28 August, 2020, 04:14:55 pm »
Curious. I've never used this feature, but have just created & saved a test route. The 'Reverse Route' option is available and works as expected.

Not any help in solving the problem, but shows it should be doable. Am sure others will have the solution.

Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 28 August, 2020, 05:40:32 pm »
Hm, I'm not seeing the option for routes created with Basecamp, but I do get it for a route I just created on the device.

'Copy Reversed' is available for all my tracks.

GdS

• I have come here to chew carrots and kick ass
« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2020, 08:37:02 am »
Hm, I'm not seeing the option for routes created with Basecamp, but I do get it for a route I just created on the device.

'Copy Reversed' is available for all my tracks.

Thanks  :)

Yes i just created a route on the device and it gives me the Reverse Route option. It must be a Basecamp thing; also a Basecamp route uses Via Points not Waypoints and you can't even use them for a point to Navigate to. The route I created on Basecamp and inverted didn't work either it kept trying to take me back to the start (which was the finish originally) so i gave up and just navigated home which was a better if slightly longer route.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 01 September, 2020, 10:12:33 am »
Great for getting all confuzzed in one-way streets.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #5 on: 03 September, 2020, 09:44:14 pm »
i have actually used this feature during a ride

The organiser of a group DIY had sent out the GPX in reverse.  When I found that we were "going backwards" I pressed a few buttons and bingo

It's also good if you want to retrace back from somewhere!