Author Topic: Ladies, check your tights!!!  (Read 24654 times)

ed_o_brain

Re: Ladies, check your tights!!!
« Reply #100 on: 18 April, 2011, 10:43:13 pm »
and,the,nice,thing,anout,neing,a,man,is,you,can,ne,reasonanly,certain,that,the,shouters,won.t,follow,you,up,the,street,continuing
to,shout,or,surround,you,and,make,you,fear,for,your,safety,or,pin,you,against,a,wall,ny,the,throat,and,grope,you., :-\

No, as a young bloke on your own you can't be uncertain that they don't threaten you, corner you and get heavy with you just so alpha male can prove to his disciples he can 'own' anything. I've been cornered and punched in the middle of a busy night club - singled out for having bad body odour which wasn't actually the case. Just separated from the group I was out with and an easy target.

Oh, and Simonp's situation isn't that unusual either. I have similar first hand experience of that too.

Oh, and being on the receiving end.. (four women in a cabriolet).

Mind you, sometimes just smile or try chatting to a gurl and the obvious assumption is that you want to bed them. Sheesh!

simonp

« Reply #101 on: 19 April, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
One incident after a stag night in Cambridge left the groom with a broken eye socket, me with bleeding in the sinus and they thought I might have a broken cheekbone (I have a lump in my cheek to this day), another guy needing 9 stitches in his forehead, another with a black eye, and finally one with 70% loss of the sight in his right eye.  No charges were ever brought against the people who attacked us.  One of that group was female, and was egging them on, and I remember her shouting “smash their glasses” after we’d been kicked in the face already, as if that wasn’t enough.

Edit: actually I’m not sure if I was kicked in the face.  I remember seeing that happening to Alberto, though.

To this day, I’ve never been able to fathom what triggered that.  Unwanted attention from groups of pissed up males has always made me wary, but especially since then, and I tend to avoid Cambridge city centre on Friday and Saturday evenings these days.  In Glasgow as a student I remember my flatmate coming home with a fat lip; he’d been completely randomly punched in the face by someone walking the other way down the same street.

simonp

« Reply #102 on: 19 April, 2011, 12:27:45 am »
“G’won four eyed fraggle” as I walked down Green End Rd in Cambridge in 1994 or so.  I had longer hair then.

Fraggle is a term of endearment not an insult  :D

OH RLY?

Fraggle by SimonP2006, on Flickr

Shockingly, I still have that t-shirt and the jacket.

« Reply #103 on: 19 April, 2011, 12:33:14 am »
“G’won four eyed fraggle” as I walked down Green End Rd in Cambridge in 1994 or so.  I had longer hair then.

Fraggle is a term of endearment not an insult  :D

OH RLY?

Fraggle by SimonP2006, on Flickr

Shockingly, I still have that t-shirt and the jacket.

Maybe it is the face you were pulling that provoked the comment!
That t-shirt and jacket are pretty innocuous compared to some of the stuff I was wearing in 1994  :-X

fuzzy

« Reply #104 on: 19 April, 2011, 01:49:15 pm »
Back to the OP, I was confronted by a similar situation on the tube the other day. i was seated and at the next stop, amongst the passengers tah embarked was a young woman wearing hipster jeans. Due to the carriage being full, she was standing, just to the left of where I was sitting, facing towards me. After a minute or two I became aware that her button fly was undone and, as she moved it gaped slightly. I don't know why I became aware but it was obvious that for a second at least, my gave was either at or via her groin. At the next stop the passenger next to me got off the train and the young woman took the seat. As she sat down her fly gaped even more and it looked like she was sans underwear. I thought for a little while then decided to let her know. I told her about the fly buttons and at that point felt about as embarrased as I have ever felt. She said thanks and placed her bag in her lap.

Did I do the right thing? I don't know but, I would hate to think that my inaction gave someone else an opportunity to get their rocks off looking at the womans inadvertantly revealed body.

Chris S

« Reply #105 on: 19 April, 2011, 01:56:57 pm »
Fuzzy - I'm sure you handled the situation with dignity and poise.

Unlike a delightful, and yet undeniably loud Essex girl I worked with once. We were wandering in Trafalgar Square eating lunch one hot summer's day, when she espied a Scandinavian sort squatting down to feed the pigeons. She had a thin summer skirt and no undies - so little was left to the imagination. I looked away, being a gent, but Kay (my colleague) pointed and yelled "Fuck Me, Chris - look - she's got 'er rat aaaat!".

:facepalm:

« Reply #106 on: 19 April, 2011, 06:00:41 pm »
Back to the OP, I was confronted by a similar situation on the tube the other day. i was seated and at the next stop, amongst the passengers tah embarked was a young woman wearing hipster jeans. Due to the carriage being full, she was standing, just to the left of where I was sitting, facing towards me. After a minute or two I became aware that her button fly was undone and, as she moved it gaped slightly. I don't know why I became aware but it was obvious that for a second at least, my gave was either at or via her groin. At the next stop the passenger next to me got off the train and the young woman took the seat. As she sat down her fly gaped even more and it looked like she was sans underwear. I thought for a little while then decided to let her know. I told her about the fly buttons and at that point felt about as embarrased as I have ever felt. She said thanks and placed her bag in her lap.

Did I do the right thing? I don't know but, I would hate to think that my inaction gave someone else an opportunity to get their rocks off looking at the womans inadvertantly revealed body.

Something similar happened to me on the tube once. Only I was facing about an inch of revealed pubes due to the low cut on the girl's jeans. I got up and gave her my seat.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #107 on: 20 April, 2011, 05:23:42 pm »
I think it would be instructive to demonstrate the correct wearing of tights by an olympic athlete - does anyone know of any good pics of e.g. Victoria Pendleton showing how cyclewear should be worn by a lady?  I ink that woudl helpthis discussion. 
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #108 on: 20 April, 2011, 06:26:56 pm »
Never heard of her.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #109 on: 20 April, 2011, 08:53:40 pm »
Tip 1: Don't wear wooly shorts.  Unless you're Woolly, in which case it's a good idea.  But I mean, oh, never mind...
Getting there...