Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 517644 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #3075 on: 28 April, 2018, 11:48:14 am »
I have one M winter (really spring/autumn) weight LS jersey in stock.  You're welcome to try it but health warnings have been issued about sizing requiring you to permanently breath in while at the same time spend significant time on a rack to extend your arms to fit the orang-utan style tailoring.

Nice one. I'll have to arrange a fitting session at a convenient time...

Let us know when you come over and perhaps we can all do lunch. 

« Reply #3076 on: 28 April, 2018, 11:53:42 am »
I'm up for that. Can do pretty much any time you like...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3077 on: 28 April, 2018, 12:00:40 pm »

I might even knock up a little something.  huggy, when...?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3078 on: 28 April, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »

I might even knock up a little something.  huggy, when...?
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays are usually WFH days
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3079 on: 29 April, 2018, 11:36:01 am »
I’m WFH this Wednesday.

« Reply #3080 on: 29 April, 2018, 02:34:28 pm »
What's on the menu then? I quite fancy lobster..

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3081 on: 29 April, 2018, 03:21:14 pm »

No problem, I'll get my waders on.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3082 on: 30 April, 2018, 08:17:27 am »

No problem, I'll get my waders on.

I’m in London on Wednesday. Sorry.

« Reply #3083 on: 30 April, 2018, 06:07:36 pm »
No lobster then!  :(

« Reply #3084 on: 30 April, 2018, 06:09:46 pm »
He's just a big tease Bobb.

You would have turned up, fettled something technical for him and been served up a couple of crackers with crab paste.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3085 on: 30 April, 2018, 07:30:35 pm »
He's just a big tease Bobb.

You would have turned up, fettled something technical for him and been served up a couple of crackers with crab paste.

Oh dear, I’ve been found out.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3086 on: 01 May, 2018, 12:03:00 am »
Folks, if anyone, like me, is not able to make the G&Y fields this year but fancies a bit of a Gravel/Byway/Bridlepath ColVelo are going out for a 177km Gravel 'epic' from Colchester on the 5th May. It just happens to finish at the Black Buoy in Wivenhoe who just happen to be having their Beer Festival that day. There is also an option to stop at Wivenhoe after 100km when the route passes through there.

Event on Strava

oooo quite tempted by that.... it solves a problem of having to be in London on Friday conflicting with G&Y start time.....

So I managed to fix my Friday G&Y option by destroying my front brake caliper piston today! If the replacement stuff arrives I suspect I won't have time to get ready for G&Y with other stuff getting in the way so letting the train take the strain and ColVelo sounds like a great option  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #3087 on: 01 May, 2018, 09:54:31 am »
You have a fixed wheel option  :thumbsup:

You know you want to...

I am being bullied into it by the Hustler. He just likes to see me suffer.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3088 on: 01 May, 2018, 09:55:53 am »
You have a fixed wheel option  :thumbsup:

You know you want to...

I am being bullied into it by the Hustler. He just likes to see me suffer.

As do we all  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3089 on: 01 May, 2018, 11:02:37 am »

So I managed to fix my Friday G&Y option by destroying my front brake caliper piston today! If the replacement stuff arrives I suspect I won't have time to get ready for G&Y with other stuff getting in the way so letting the train take the strain and ColVelo sounds like a great option  :thumbsup:
I saw the pics of the caliper....whoops! Sounds good, seems to be a good crowd on board and much discussion about route choices and potentially being chased by farmers. I think it might be quite a fun day out!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3090 on: 01 May, 2018, 08:29:14 pm »
Forward Planning Alert
I have pencilled in a Flatlands 600km for 18th May 2019, in addition to 'Fenland Friends' being a last gasp PBP qualifier on 22nd June...so, which way round is the most 'Type 2'? There's only one way to find out.

No clashes with other 600 qualifiers on the 18th either!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3091 on: 03 May, 2018, 08:56:23 am »
The problem with last night was that proportionally there were far too many clever people sat round the table in the Three Elms as all the normal folk stayed at home!  Thus, I found it very difficult to follow the conversations, I couldn't even understand enough to take the piss!  For once I actually missed The Conversation Killers  ::-)  The one shining beacon of hope to lift my despair was provided by Grey Sheep who kindly purchased some fabulous garlic pickled eggs and accompanying crisps. 

The ride out was nice enough although huggy took to a field margin rather than ride though the Bumfords Lane Lido (fairy) and there were no doggers down by Hurrells Lane ford.  It was 2degs riding home, brrrrrrr  >:(

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3092 on: 03 May, 2018, 09:08:27 am »
Point of note:

To fit in with our latest member of the Traveller Community who is insisting on occupying a public park within the Colchester district, next week is now at The Sun Inn, Feering

ETA: People of Colchester are recommended to wrap up warm next week, whilst the rest of Essex will be basking in a heat wave, the OD micro-climate will be in effect and snow is forecast!
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3093 on: 03 May, 2018, 09:44:17 am »
Point of note:

To fit in with our latest member of the Traveller Community who is insisting on occupying a public park within the Colchester district, next week is now at The Sun Inn, Feering

ETA: People of Colchester are recommended to wrap up warm next week, whilst the rest of Essex will be basking in a heat wave, the OD micro-climate will be in effect and snow is forecast!

I still don’t know why we can’t go to a pub actually in Colchester.

« Reply #3094 on: 10 May, 2018, 11:17:43 am »
The night of the Sexy Beast.

We seem to have a further split within MEMWNS, this time it is inside the eastern chapter itself.  Last night we had a Witham peloton and a Colchester peloton careering towards the Sun in Feering.

I met up with what, at first sight, seemed to be two old boys enjoying the evening sun on a village bench but turned out to be OD and the Lynx.  The Lynx was obviously expecting a long ride as he had brought along his lunchbox.  He was also sporting some very natty attire - a lightweight Rapha top (he always underdresses) and pink socks and matching base layer - irresistible to humans and animals alike.

We had an enjoyable meander through the lanes watching the distant speck ahead that was the Lynx showing off on his soot bike - that is until he blew up coming into Messing and "waited for us" 200 yards behind us  :o

We were first to arrive at the pub and were soon tucking into an Early Bird by Shepherd Neame.  In time, we were joined by the Hustler, Huggy, Hotblack, Captain Haddock, Tomsk and Oaky.  The invalided Jiber arrived a little later being shepherded along by his carer - he received a suitably sympathetic welcome but resisted our offer to amputate his sore ankle.

As it was a Shepherd Neame pub, we also sampled Master Brew, Bishop's Finger, Whitstable Stout (Oaky) and a dry sherry (OD :facepalm:).  The Quaffers sub-committee had yet another contentious debate over their choice beer for the evening but I took the executive decision to award the Quaffers' Choice to the Shepherd Neame classic - Master Brew.  It has a sensible ABV and a price tag to match and just tastes like best bitter, what's not to like ?

I am pleased to report that the fabled MEMWNS curry fund (now into its fourth year of saving) is continuing to prosper and at this rate we should be able to share a poppadum between us sometime next year.

Most of the conversation revolved around just how incredible the Lynx looked - I don't think our group facebook shot has ever received so much attention and we all knew why.  If only he could find the time to join us more often, in no time our numbers would double and our average age would halve (or is that the other way round ?).

Everyone seemed very excited about The Huntingdon Trip, although OD was worried about the wine list at the local 'Spoons.  He and Huggy have (been) volunteered to organise everything so we look forward to a mixture of mayhem and method.

For the first time this year it was a pleasant ride home in shorts and short sleeves.  It will be sandals season before we know it  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3095 on: 10 May, 2018, 12:08:04 pm »
ted, you failed to mention how much we enjoyed riding behind Lynx admiring his pert bottom. I don’t know about you but I think I’m on the turn!

« Reply #3096 on: 10 May, 2018, 12:13:33 pm »
That was the great thing about it just being the three of us in the Colchester peloton, usually there is a queue of people jostling for position A behind the Lynx's behind.

And his souplesse...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3097 on: 10 May, 2018, 12:24:30 pm »
And another thing, thanks to roadworks me and ‘fandango aka The Lynx, got to ride up the actual A12 including the fast lane. We are now both in the top 10 for that particular Strava segment. As if all this isn’t exciting enough I beat him by 3 seconds!

« Reply #3098 on: 10 May, 2018, 09:55:48 pm »
As if all this isn’t exciting enough I beat him by 3 seconds!

Given his chain and gear cable woes of late, I wouldn't be surprised if he was on a hobby horse

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3099 on: 14 May, 2018, 08:41:26 pm »
Well this Thursday onwards is my planned time to check the 'Grand' route, Tourdax style: DIY card at the ready, but an extra day off to take it easy if necessary. Forecast isn't too bad, but this is Wales we're talking about!

I'll be very much more 'below the radar' than usual until next week. Expect a ride report when I've recovered [in time for the following MEMWNS, I hope]. Now to look over 15 pages of route sheets, with highlighters at the ready!