Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 517680 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #3125 on: 29 May, 2018, 02:17:25 pm »
I think I'll just make do with actual asparagus and strawberries  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3126 on: 29 May, 2018, 02:35:11 pm »
Excellent....so there are a few of us not looking for Welsh hills this weekend  ;D

See, after my tour last week this is the train of thought going through my mind which I am trying to ignore! I did however quite enjoy the ride this past weekend and it seems the tour did help my ride fitness.

« Reply #3127 on: 29 May, 2018, 02:41:17 pm »
I am surprised you had time to enjoy your weekend ride with the speed you were doing !  Aiming for the podium this weekend no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3128 on: 29 May, 2018, 02:45:52 pm »

I might head out for a little spin on Sunday if anyone fancies it. 

« Reply #3129 on: 29 May, 2018, 03:02:35 pm »
I am surprised you had time to enjoy your weekend ride with the speed you were doing !  Aiming for the podium this weekend no doubt.

According to your fellow VC Oyster riders at Osea a couple of weeks back you had a similar turn of speed when you got on the Emonda!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3130 on: 29 May, 2018, 03:10:38 pm »

According to your fellow VC Oyster riders at Osea a couple of weeks back you had a similar turn of speed when you got on the Emonda!

I bet he was wearing his specially streamlined sandals for added aerodynamic margin gains; plus he'd had some extra puffs on his inhaler  :thumbsup:

Talking of God's Own Footware (SPD Sandals), this morning I wore mine for the first in 2018.  The little toes were a bit chilly but it was so nice to feel freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  O:-)

« Reply #3131 on: 29 May, 2018, 03:25:39 pm »
I was wearing mine when I was with the aforementioned Oysters on Sunday. Velo heaven.

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3132 on: 29 May, 2018, 03:35:48 pm »
I was wearing mine when I was with the aforementioned Oysters on Sunday. Velo heaven.

Great news!  Its free, wiggly toes from now on until autumn although I might pack socks for rides home after the pub and alpine descents  O:-)

« Reply #3133 on: 29 May, 2018, 04:08:38 pm »
I took the youngest 2 Tippers out on Sunday to find somewhere to swim in a river. I was wearing my flip flops on my VO Sabbot pedals....lush they are!

Alas we found nothing more than a very overgrown riverbank on this adventure! I fear middle Tippers may have decided riding a bike is far too much like hard work while mini tippers was bouncing up the hill like a little legend.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3134 on: 29 May, 2018, 04:10:01 pm »
Gotta start 'em young  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3135 on: 29 May, 2018, 04:20:56 pm »
... is anyone else on the A&S this weekend?
Me.  I will of course be full value to enjoy Sunday breakfast at the Buffet.
Current count is ~60 on the road.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #3136 on: 29 May, 2018, 04:32:35 pm »
... is anyone else on the A&S this weekend?
Me.  I will of course be full value to enjoy Sunday breakfast at the Buffet.
Current count is ~60 on the road.
Cool...that's a good starting number! I must admit my tendancy is towards doing it as a fitness test and getting home in time for a bit of sleep before the house starts waking on Sunday. Yearly mileage so far tells me there is a reasonable chance I might end up being ok to Barton Mills and then twiddling the rest in a stupid gear...
Guess I'll turn up and see what happens  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3137 on: 29 May, 2018, 04:44:22 pm »
Thought I better check the train situation for the weekend and my gast is flabbered....no bus replacement service Saturday or Sunday  :o  can this be right??

« Reply #3138 on: 29 May, 2018, 06:19:23 pm »
I noticed that as well...I wonder!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3139 on: 29 May, 2018, 07:19:08 pm »
*** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS ***Rumour has it that I may be possession of more SS ACME jerseys tomorrow.  Anyone that is attending the Spiritual Home tomorrow evening want me to put a suitably sized jersey in my seat post bag?
£45 worth of your beer tokens can be exchanged for your latest must have new season wardrobe addition.

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #3140 on: 29 May, 2018, 08:10:49 pm »
Yes please. Medium for me please Huggy.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3141 on: 30 May, 2018, 12:03:05 am »
Rumour has it that I may be possession of more SS ACME jerseys tomorrow. 
Hmm, looking at the tracking info provided by that nice Blackmore man, I think tomorrow delivery may be a bit optimistic but we'll see how far it's got in the morning...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3142 on: 30 May, 2018, 10:40:57 am »
Hmm, looking at the tracking info provided by that nice Blackmore man, I think tomorrow delivery may be a bit optimistic but we'll see how far it's got in the morning...

Don't forget our Alpist friends want a jersey apiece...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3143 on: 30 May, 2018, 10:45:44 am »

Don't forget our Alpist friends want a jersey apiece...
Those will be the first reservations out of the bag, closely followed by Jem and an Asparagus & Strawberries rider of forrin parts, then racing fit jersey registered interests...there may be some stock left for ad hoc sales after that...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3144 on: 31 May, 2018, 08:31:34 am »
We really need The Bard to record yesterday evening, I don’t really know where to start, for once I’m lost for words. The best I can do is thank everyone for their company and entertainment, it was lovely to meet Nik’s Nick, and thanks for the free beer Joss. Much fun!

« Reply #3145 on: 31 May, 2018, 09:00:57 am »
Enjoyed it! Particularly the ride home in the dark.
Will be along again as soon as annoying things* permit.

*Work, family, that kind of non-bike stuff.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3146 on: 31 May, 2018, 02:01:50 pm »
*** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS *** BREAKING NEWS ***Rumour has it that I may be possession of more SS ACME jerseys tomorrow.  Anyone that is attending the Spiritual Home tomorrow evening want me to put a suitably sized jersey in my seat post bag?
£45 worth of your beer tokens can be exchanged for your latest must have new season wardrobe addition.
They have arrivéed!  They are labelled as 'slim fit' and I'd say at least 2 sizes smaller on the label than the last batch of SS jerseys with snug arm cuffs.  I tried on the L and XL and was more comfortable in the XL.
So, who's in for a new jersey? Due to sizing I'll probably have limited availability at the larger sizes than the normal person sizes, another batch can be ordered in if we run out.

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #3147 on: 31 May, 2018, 02:07:14 pm »
Hi Huggy - potentially me, although not sure when I'm likely to be out and about with you guys to try them on for size  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3148 on: 31 May, 2018, 06:26:01 pm »
I have just remembered  ::-) that I videoed Nik's Nick and The Voice of Regan's Picked Egg Initiation Ceremony yesterday evening.  Welcome to our merry band gentlemen, I hope you enjoy many miles and giggles with us  :-*

« Reply #3149 on: 04 June, 2018, 11:45:52 am »
Fun and games on the Asparagus and Strawberries this weekend. Highlights for me were....
  • Breakfast at the station buffet...I suspect it was sprinkled with some kind of performance enhancing drug.
  • Finding out that my Lezyne Super GPS doesn't think it is sensible to ride 400km and therefore refuses to accept the TCX file  ::-)
  • Realsing my memory is not bad and other than a few misses I didn't need navigation (probably less than 1km of back tracking)(Thanks to Judith and Jonathan for some assistance early on)
  • The Reedham Ferry  and the new Capt'n
  • The Rain after the Reedham Ferry which made me look more like someone coming out of a pool than off a bike in the M&S/BP in Acle
  • Barton Mills in Daylight - Just
  • Warm Night - I put my arm warmers on at Barton Mills only to remove them 10 minutes down the road
  • Managing to convince Mrs Tippers to pick me up from Manningtree just after 3am, what a Legend.

Also, after having missed the Tesco in Saffron Walden by 3 minutes I went looking for water to fill bottles. At the petrol station I decided to top up from the Air and Water unit not realising it said Air and Screenwash  :facepalm: which would have left me about 300mls for the trip back to Manningtree which is not much for me. Luckily the Sewards end village hall just at the top of the Radwinter hill had a tap out the front and I was back in business.