Author Topic: "the wizard was interrupted..."?  (Read 3151 times)

"the wizard was interrupted..."?
« on: 23 March, 2010, 12:43:46 am »
I was trying (again) to install a new version (could never install any version) of Silkypix software and keep getting the following:

"The Installshield wizard completed.  

The wizard was interrupted before ... could be completely installed"

Have been trying this fix...
You may receive a "The wizard was interrupted before Microsoft SQL Server Notification Services could be completely installed" message when you try to install SQL Server 2000 Notification Services

I get stuck on the Access permissions window.  Can't see the user to 'add'.  And, should 'system' be remote access..."Allow"?

Any ideas?

Andy
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: "the wizard was interrupted..."?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2010, 12:40:49 pm »
I have no advice to give whatsoever, but this superb message:

The wizard was interrupted

... belongs firmly on a list of daft anthropomorphic-sounding error messages. There are loads out there; my mind's just gone blank for the moment ... :rollseyes:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2010, 12:43:43 pm »
"I put on my wizards robe and hat"   ;D

I can't google for that from work but google the above sentence for a (mildly) NSFW link

« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2010, 12:53:35 pm »
Thanks guys.   ::-) ;D

Actually I've pretty much given up on installing this particular installshield driven Silkypix software.  Hopefully when I upgrade the hdd, and clean install Win7, it'll work.  But if anyone has a solution, I'll def. owe you a pint.  :)

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #4 on: 23 March, 2010, 03:00:56 pm »
This fault can sometimes make an installation impossible to install and uninstall.   Microsoft have a tool that can fix this problem, originally for installation programmers who cock up often.  This file is called MsiZap.exe.  This is quite a brutal tool that deletes the installation information in the registry given the installation guid.  All files are left but it does allow a corrupt setup to be recovered from.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 23 March, 2010, 03:42:47 pm »
"I put on my wizards robe and hat"   ;D

I can't google for that from work but google the above sentence for a (mildly) NSFW link

Like this  :D

Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: 23 March, 2010, 04:31:15 pm »
This fault can sometimes make an installation impossible to install and uninstall.   Microsoft have a tool that can fix this problem, originally for installation programmers who cock up often.  This file is called MsiZap.exe.  This is quite a brutal tool that deletes the installation information in the registry given the installation guid.  All files are left but it does allow a corrupt setup to be recovered from.

Thanks, but the same failure happened on first install attempt before it had ever been on the PC. I've tried revo-uninstall and a windoze one too.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #7 on: 23 March, 2010, 04:43:14 pm »
Like this  :D

Thanks, Charlotte. That's my afternoon gone...  ;D

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #8 on: 23 March, 2010, 04:45:33 pm »
And now all I can think of is an extremely NSFW picture (search 'the wizard is hungry' on google images with safesearch off ;) )

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 23 March, 2010, 09:02:26 pm »
*Googles*

:o :o :o :o :o :o

You're a nasty man, Phil.  I'd head the phrase "wizard's sleeve" before, but really...  ::-)

Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #10 on: 24 March, 2010, 11:03:03 am »
Mmmm. You can see her liver.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."