Author Topic: Email Problem  (Read 800 times)

Email Problem
« on: 24 March, 2010, 10:21:49 am »
I use Outlook Express for email.  Yesterday afternoon someone sent me an email and when Outlok tries to download it I get an "Unknown Error".  The little pop up box shows that Outlook downloads it, scans it, and then gives up when trying to transfer it.  The message must be quite big as it takes maybe 10secs to download.

The main problem is that today there are four messages to download but as this one is the first one in the queue I can't get the others.

Any suggestions (in very non-techie language) please.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Email Problem
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2010, 10:25:43 am »
As a workaround do you have some form of webmail?

If so open and if necessary delete the offending item in webmail and that should sort you out

« Reply #2 on: 24 March, 2010, 10:36:03 am »
Paul, you are a genius!  I looked at our hosting service's website, and there was  abutton marked "webmail".  Clicked it, entered my email address and password and bingo!  Thank you.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 24 March, 2010, 10:57:49 am »
OK, you're sorted.

Popcorn is a brilliant ultra-light Win email client that is very useful for getting in and fixing 'stuck' mail on the server, or inspecting suspect mail.  Requires no installation, and even runs off a floppy (remember those?) - when I was a 'fixer' for various people I always had this in my toolkit.

No longer supported I see - probably because everyone has access to webmail now ...
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll