Author Topic: Grayson Perry on function and status in cycling  (Read 7244 times)

ian

Re: Grayson Perry on function and status in cycling
« Reply #50 on: 30 January, 2019, 09:37:56 pm »
Well, I guess you need to check that. Probably worth checking what she's wearing as you select your bike. Otherwise get the black one and be sure to marry a goth out of practicality.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #51 on: 31 January, 2019, 01:31:30 pm »
Slightly OT but a few years back and saw a Sikh (I think) who had the head wear which was a kinda light purple which perfectly matched the van he was driving.
The Sikh postie I know generally wears a red turban with a hint of the yellow underlayer showing at the front. It's often taken for an official Royal Mail issue turban, but there is no such thing (and he's said he'd refused to wear it if there were one, "They aren't putting their crown on my head!").
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #52 on: 31 January, 2019, 01:53:36 pm »
Speaking of branded religious headwear, the person handing out neck-trauma-facilitation apparatus[1] at the White Scar Caves last weekend referred to my YACF buff as a headscarf and was appropriately conscientious about not asking me to remove it.  Which was good, because my ears were cold.

[1] Cheap hard hats with keep-the-dropped-screws-out-of-your-eyes peaks, which made them distinctly suboptimal for walking in a crouch through low-ceilinged caves.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #53 on: 31 January, 2019, 02:06:15 pm »
Why would a headscarf be a problem when wearing a hard hat?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #54 on: 31 January, 2019, 02:07:48 pm »
Why would a headscarf be a problem when wearing a hard hat?

It wouldn't, but they'd "had issues with bobble-hats" apparently, and were generally instructing people to remove their headgear.  Which seems like a good way to spread nits...

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #55 on: 31 January, 2019, 02:09:08 pm »
Well bobble hats, turbans and cycling caps too are clearly rather different from headscarves.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #56 on: 02 February, 2019, 01:25:12 pm »
A couple of hundred reasons to wear black in this thread: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=65623.0
Where people are ridiculed for wearing loud colours, it's natural to seek safety in silent ones.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #57 on: 02 February, 2019, 01:43:07 pm »
Black is a safe colour when you can't see colours properly.