Author Topic: Sainsbury self check out camera and screen  (Read 11324 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Sainsbury self check out camera and screen
« Reply #75 on: 19 August, 2020, 09:55:12 am »
I accidentally nicked something from the Co-op last week. Had a problem scanning one item, had to wave it around several times. Then when I got home, realised I'd failed to scan the previous item. I suppose I "ought" to have taken the item back and fessed up, but I expect they would have laughed at me. Or nicked me!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #76 on: 19 August, 2020, 09:57:40 am »
Given the usual demographic of the customer base there - which is generally elderly - I'm not sure of the rationale for the change.
I guess it depends on where this particular M&S is, but our two nearest – one in the city centre, one on a busy road with offices and cafes – attract at least as many office workers as elderly people. Not sure how that ratio has been affected by Covid, when one group is working from home and the other is sheltering.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Sainsbury self check out camera
« Reply #77 on: 19 August, 2020, 11:14:50 am »
Self-scan exists in the big branch of Mr Sainsbury's House Of Toothy Comestibles near Fort Larrington, in leafy Surrey, but not in my local one in pikey-haunted E17.

It does exist in my local outpost of Mr Sainsbury’s House of Toothy Comestibles now, but to use it you need a Nectar card.  While I have one, I haven’t used it since the day Nectar announced a tie-up with the Daily Heil, except to spend my accrued points on new underwear.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #78 on: 19 August, 2020, 11:26:39 am »
That's interesting. I haven't encountered that – but then I haven't been in Mr Sainsbury’s House of Toothy Comestibles since clockdown.

« Reply #79 on: 21 August, 2020, 08:57:32 am »
I accidentally nicked something from the Co-op last week. Had a problem scanning one item, had to wave it around several times. Then when I got home, realised I'd failed to scan the previous item. I suppose I "ought" to have taken the item back and fessed up, but I expect they would have laughed at me. Or nicked me!

The Co-Op would have laughed; Tesco you'd be in the slammer in the basement.

We had a leaky ready meal at Tesco checkout.  They went back and got a non-leaky one but when we asked for a bag to put items that had been leaked on they told us it would cost us 10p!  How we laughed..
Move Faster and Bake Things

ian

« Reply #80 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:07:52 am »
We once 'nicked' an entire double-bed sized mattress from Ikea. We thought it was cheap, they evidently neglected to scan it. Because we are honest, we did phone them to offer to pay, but if you've ever had cause to phone their helpline, you'll already know that no one ever got to back to us.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #81 on: 24 August, 2020, 12:42:59 pm »
I owe Sainsbury's around £50 for groceries I ordered and had delivered to my Ancient Parents early in March. They never issued a bill, as the computer had apparently broken down.
Parents have repaid me.
I spent ages on endless calls to their Helldesk. Then there was lockdown and I gave up...

ian

« Reply #82 on: 24 August, 2020, 12:48:24 pm »
I have a £250 dehumidifier sitting in the garage. It was broke on arrival (the little float that stops the water tank overfilling didn't work). Tesco promptly sent a replacement but never arranged for the return of the old one.