Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language) (25/08)  (Read 2008 times)

librarian

• Quiet please
The RANT thread (often contains fruity language) (25/08)
« on: 30 August, 2011, 10:08:17 pm »
Motherfucking printers.

Stupid fucking IT department upgraded us to CS4 a couple of weeks ago but neglected to update our printer drivers at the same time, so it's now pot luck whether your page comes out landscape or portrait, colour or black & white, A4 or A3...

I thought I was going to be able to have left work an hour ago.

And the pleasant summer's evening that was looking ideal for a post-work ride is fast disappearing over the horizon and turning into night.

<weeps inconsolably>

d.

Modern printers are the hell-spawned children of two 1980s photocopiers. You know, the ones that would always break down at some crucial juncture, forcing you to risk a limb trying to remove a stuck piece of paper. You'd be elbow deep in the grumbling innards and it would fart carcinogenic toner into your face. You'd stagger free back into the office and realise that you'd inadvertently blacked up and were subsequently doomed to a lifetime of workplace sensitivity courses.

Our blessed IT team set me up to print on a different continent, so my output appears in Philadelphia. Oddly, they claim I can't have access to the network shares in that office because it's a different network. Evidently.